Refined sugar free and yummy Anzac biscuits
There’s always a debate about whether they’re still a true Anzac Biccie if you’ve strayed from the traditional ingredients, so I’ll just let you try them and decide for yourself.
So give them a try and let me know what you think. As always, share your pics on social media. Tag me on Instagram @wendyswaytohealth.
Watch the video
Here’s the recipe
HEALTHY ANZAC BISCUITS
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp natural crunchy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 140-150℃ and line a baking tray with paper.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the almond meal, oats, coconut, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Gently heat the butter, peanut butter and maple syrup in a small saucepan until melted and combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix thoroughly.
- Take tablespoons of the mixture and flatten into round circles on the tray.
- Cook for 25-35 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Store in an airtight container – if you have any left over!
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE