Yummy Banana Muesli
This recipe is inspired by one that I found on a website called Green Kitchen Stories. Of course I have adapted it to suit my tastes, (as I imagine you probably will too).
I love bananas and I usually add them freshly sliced to my muesli, but this takes it to a whole new level.
The ingredients are not really that different from ‘regular’ muesli, it just has a subtle banana flavour that makes it taste out of this world!
And it’s actually a little bit quicker and easier to make than regular toasted muesli, as there’s no need to melt the coconut oil.
I used maple syrup, but you can substitute your own favourite sweetener. And I recommend that you use your own favourite nut combo – at the moment mine is almonds and cashews.
This banana muesli is so yummy, you’ll probably eat it straight from the jar, as I have been! So I would recommend keeping one jar at home and taking one to work with you for healthy snacking.
Just add plain or Greek yoghurt for a quick, delish brekkie. There’s not much else to say about it, other than if you like bananas, give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.
Hang on a Sec!
Did you get your FREE menu planner yet?
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup nuts – almonds & cashews
- ½cup mixed seeds (pumpkin & sunflower)
- good shake of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 150-160℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, seeds, salt and vanilla and set aside
- Mix the coconut oil, maple syrup and bananas until well combined and smooth
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together with your hands
- Spread mixture evenly on the baking tray and bake for approximately 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven.
- When the muesli is golden brown throughout, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Store in glass jars.
- The oven temperature needs to be fairly low, so that the muesli cooks evenly without burning.
- Take the tray out of the oven every ten minutes and turn the mixture to make sure that it's all cooked through.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!