Banana walnut bread – delicious and healthy
I’ve developed my base recipe over the last couple of years using a combination of healthier flours and other ingredients like flax seed and chia seeds. This is the recipe for my ORIGINAL BANANA LOAF
It’s amazing how deliciously different these banana breads are from anything that you buy commercially. This banana walnut bread uses the natural sweetness of the fruit and just a little bit of honey or pure maple syrup.
Here’s the recipe
BANANA AND WALNUT BREAD
- 2-3 bananas, depending on size
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp honey or pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 175℃ and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Chop the bananas into small chunks and place in a small bowl. Add the eggs, melted coconut oil/butter, maple syrup and vanilla and blend until well mixed. (I use a stick blender).
- Fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Fold the walnuts through the batter.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes, or until golden on top and a skewer comes out clean.
- Enjoy warm from the oven on it's own or spread with butter.
Pure maple syrup is my preferred sweetener, as I love the flavour it adds to bananas.
Try the version of this recipe in my healthy desserts & snacks e–Book too. It uses dates instead of maple syrup, for no added sugars.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE