Need something quick, easy and healthy for dinner?
Try this version of fried rice using cauliflower instead of rice. It’s also loaded with tons of veggies, so you’ll easily reach your daily target.
On its own it’s a light, meatless meal. It also goes really well with chicken, pork and salmon, so use it as a tasty side dish to accompany your favourite protein.
Perfect for meal prepping, make sure you always cook extra to freeze for quick weeknight meals.
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1 brown or red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 carrots
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 6-8 button mushrooms
- 1 zucchini
- frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- chicken stock
- Add any other of your favourite veggies
- soy sauce to taste
- Using a grater or food processor, grate the cauliflower until it resembles the consistency of rice.
- Chop up the rest of your vegetables into stir fry chunks.
- In a large frypan or wok, heat the coconut oil.
- First add peppers, carrots and onion and cook for 5-10 minutes or until soft, then add all the other ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add a little bit of chicken stock for extra flavour.
- Cook until vegetables reach your desired level of crispness or until they're tender.
- Add soy sauce if desired.
- You may want to pre steam some veggies that take longer to cook, like carrots or pumpkin.
- I like to use the concentrated gel type stock pots. I add one directly to the pan and then mix in a little water.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!