This recipe is quick and simple to make with no baking required! For me, it’s the perfect breakfast with a cup of coffee before a morning workout. It’s adapted from Lorna Jane MNB recipe and it’s become a favourite that I keep going back to again & again.
I recommend following the recipe as is the first time you make them. After that, if you enjoy them as much as I do, play around with the basics, make substitutions or add other ingredients – be as creative as you like, really!
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons cocoa/cacao
- 3 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- 16 medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Blend all ingredients except the boiling water, in a food processor until well combined and mixture forms crumbs.
- Make sure the dates are finely processed.
- Slowly add the boiling water until the mixture clumps together; you may need a little bit more than the 2 tablespoons, I find I do if my measuring isn't spot on!
- Pour mixture into a lined slice tin and allow to harden in the freezer before cutting into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.