This simple yummy chocolate smoothie bowl was the first free recipe I sent out to my community members.
Like a lot of my favourite recipes, this one happened by accident. By that I just mean that I didn’t plan on creating it. It wasn’t on my list of new ideas to try or experiment with.
I was sitting in bed with a coffee one morning, checking social media and emails (as I often do) and I saw something similar. I didn’t have the exact ingredients on hand, but I was pretty sure I could play around with it and come up with something just as delicious. Which is exactly what I did.
As with all of my recipes, it’s quick and easy to make. It’s made with good quality, wholesome ingredients and it tastes great.
So if you love the idea of chocolate for breakfast, give it a try and let me know what you think.
- ½ frozen banana
- ¼ avocado
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup milk (your choice)
- splash of cream (optional)
- Your favourite toppings
- Blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and add your favourite toppings.
- That's it! Doesn't get much quicker or easier than that.
- I topped this one with strawberries, chopped almonds & shredded coconut.
- Bananas, other berries & nuts, seeds and cacao nibs work well too.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!