What can I say? Do these sound good? I hope so, because they are really good!
Muffins that taste like little chocolate cakes, mmmm.
I’ve saved the best muffin recipe til last, so let’s finish up the muffin recipes with chocolate!
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup oat flour*
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder or cacao
- 1 teaspoon baking soda**
- 2 bananas
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk of your choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Line muffin tray with patty pans or grease well and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas, whisk in eggs and then stir in the almond butter, milk and vanilla until well combined.
- Mix the almond meal, oat flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together in a medium bowl and then fold into the wet ingredients.
- Add half of the chocolate chips into the batter and pour evenly into the muffin pans.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of the muffins and gently push them in so that they are just under the surface.
- Bake for 15 minutes - be careful not to overcook as they will then be a little bit dry. Check by putting a skewer or cake tester into the middle - if it comes out clean, they're done.
- Serve warm with a dollop of coconut cream for an indulgent dessert, or enjoy on their own as a snack!
- Oat flour is optional, you could use 1½ cups almond meal
- You can substitute baking powder for baking soda