Creamy coconut milk porridge
I know it’s often a love or hate kinda thing, buuttt ….. if you think you don’t like porridge, I highly encourage you to try it again with this recipe! It’s a far cry from the watery, gloopy stuff you may remember from your childhood.
I use this coconut milk porridge a lot as a base and then I create variations with different toppings.
You’ll get two generous serves from this recipe.
Here’s the recipe
COCONUT MILK PORRIDGE
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups water
- ½ - 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium sized saucepan, at medium heat, bring the oats and water to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for five to ten minutes, until the water is absorbed.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and add the cinnamon, vanilla and coconut milk.
- Simmer again for two to three minutes, whilst stirring and thoroughly mixing to a smooth creamy consistency.
- Pour into bowls immediately and top with your favourite fruit and/or other toppings.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE