This fantastic soup is great for a light lunch as it doesn’t take too long to make. It’s delicious, nutritious and perfect at any time of year.
To make it a more substantial dinner meal, simply add some grilled cheese on toast or savoury muffins.
Why not bake some of my cheese and bacon muffins to go with your soup?
I usually make a big batch of this soup and keep some in the freezer for those lazy days when you want a quick meal, but you still want something healthy.
This recipe will make three serves.
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 300 -400g broccoli, chopped
- 1 tomato
- 2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tspn mixed herbs
- Pepper to season
- Fry onion and garlic in a large pan.
- Add broccoli florets, stock, water and mixed herbs.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add tomato and continue to simmer until broccoli is tender.
- Puree in a blender, season with pepper and serve immediately.
Don’t forget to pin it for later!