This fantastic soup is great for a light lunch as it doesn’t take too long to make. It’s delicious, nutritious and perfect at any time of year.
To make it a more substantial dinner meal, simply add some garlic bread, grilled cheese on toast or savoury muffins.
Speaking of muffins, why not bake some of my cheese and bacon muffins to go with your soup?
I usually make a big batch of this soup and keep some in the freezer for those lazy days when you want a quick meal, but you still want something healthy.
This recipe will make three serves.
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 300 -400g broccoli, chopped
- 1 tomato
- 2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tspn mixed herbs
- Pepper to season
- Fry onion and garlic in a large pan.
- Add broccoli florets, stock, water and mixed herbs.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add tomato and continue to simmer until broccoli is tender.
- Puree in a blender, season with pepper and serve immediately.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!