Mango Macadamia Loaf – Yummo!
What can I say about this delish mango macadamia loaf, other than you should make it as soon as you can!
Mango is one of my fave Summer fruits and if it’s yours too, my top tip for enjoying it as long as you can is to buy up at the end of the season and freeze it. Buy in bulk from your local farmers markets or when there are specials on.
It doesn’t take a lot of effort – I roughly chop them and then portion them into freezer bags. But you’ll be so glad you did when it’s the middle of Winter and you can make yourself a yummy treat like this loaf, or my mango walnut muffins.
So let’s get to the recipe, shall we?
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup flax seed
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup macadamia oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon bicarb soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180℃ and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Cut the cheeks from the mangoes and scoop out the flesh. Dice half and set aside.
- Puree the mango flesh until smooth. Add the oil, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla. Blend until well mixed.
- Set aside a large handful of macadamias. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the mango mixture and gently fold through.
- Pour into the loaf tin and top with reserved macadamias and mango and extra coconut if desired.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes. Check at half way and cover with foil if the top is browning too quickly.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Use coconut oil instead of macadamia oil if you prefer.
- You could also substitute different sweeteners, like raw honey or rice malt syrup.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!