Delicious choc nut butter porridge
This choc nut butter porridge has become one of my favourite porridge variations. I really love how the sweetness of the banana nut butter topping blends with the cacao powder as it melts into the porridge.
You do need to plan ahead a little bit to make this one. If you’re like me though, you’ve always got frozen bananas on hand. Besides this porridge, I use them in smoothies and nice cream too.
The topping is easy to make. You just whiz up the banana and almond butter in a blender. Set it aside while you cook the porridge and then it’s soft enough to stir into the porridge.
Here’s the recipe
Choc nut butter porridge
- ¾ cup oats
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ small can coconut milk
Banana nut butter topping
- 1 large frozen banana roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- Place the banana and almond butter in a high speed blender and whiz until well mixed. Set aside while the oats cook.
- Bring the oats and water to the boil in a small saucepan.
- Simmer for five minutes, until all of the water is absorbed and the oats are cooked.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the vanilla, cacao and coconut milk.
- Bring your porridge mixture back to a simmer and stir until all of the ingredients are well blended.
- Pour the porridge equally into 2 bowls, dollop half of the topping into the middle of each and add some extra banana and any other fruit you may like.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE