Now I know that there are tons of recipes out there for raw bliss balls, also known as protein balls or energy balls, but I just realised that I haven’t shared any recipes myself yet!
I made a fresh batch of my favourites yesterday, so without further ado, here’s the recipe.
- 3 tablespoons protein powder
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon honey or rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter or coconut oil*
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- sprinkle of sea salt
- extra coconut for rolling
- Put all ingredients into a medium size bowl and blend thoroughly until mixture sticks together.
- Roll into balls, coat with extra coconut and place on a lined baking tray.
- Put into the fridge for 2-3 hours, or until set.
- If using coconut butter, you may also need to add a teaspoon of hot water or melted coconut oil to bind the mix together.
- They are yummy as is, or add your favourite nuts or dried fruits – simply push into the balls after you've rolled them and then roll in the coconut. Goji berries are one of my favourites.
- These will keep in the fridge for about a week.
- Try using buckwheat or flaxseed instead of protein powder for a different flavour variation. Or even a combination of two or three of these.