Yummy Choc Vanilla Bliss Balls
I know that there are tons of recipes out there for raw bliss balls, also known as protein balls or energy balls, but I just realised that I haven’t shared any recipes myself yet!
So let’s rectify that right now with this recipe for my favourites that I make with cacao powder and vanilla protein powder.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe!
Delicious & nutritious, there's not much more to say!
- 3 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or coconut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sprinkle sea salt
- extra coconut for rolling
Put all ingredients into a medium size bowl and blend thoroughly until mixture sticks together.
Roll into balls, coat with extra coconut and place on a lined baking tray.
Put into the fridge for 2-3 hours, or until set.
- If using coconut butter, you may also need to add a teaspoon of hot water or melted coconut oil to bind the mix together.
- These are yummy as is, or you can add your favourite nuts or dried fruits – simply push into the balls after you've rolled them and then roll in the coconut. Goji berries are one of my favourites.
- They will keep in the fridge for about a week.
- Try using buckwheat or flaxseed instead of protein powder for a different flavour variation. Or even a combination of two or three of these.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!