Strawberry coconut muffins
If you love fruit muffins, especially strawberry muffins, then you have to try my healthier strawberry coconut muffins.
They’re made with oat flour, almond meal, Greek yoghurt, strawberries and coconut. You can use fresh or frozen strawberries. I love them for breakfast or as a post workout treat,
Make a batch as part of your weekend meal prep to keep in the freezer for healthy breakfasts or snacks whenever you need them.
Why not sprinkle some chopped nuts on top of your muffins for extra crunch?
Don’t limit yourself to just strawberry muffins or even just fruit muffins though, make sure you try these other healthier muffin recipes too:
- BASIC GREEK YOGHURT MUFFINS – use any fruit you like in these
- CHOCOLATE CAKE MUFIFNS – these are really good!
- BACON AND CHEESE MUFFINS – because sometimes you want savoury muffins too.
GET SPECIALISED OVER 50's HEALTH INFO & RECIPES DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Here’s the recipe
STRAWBERRY COCONUT MUFFINS
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey/puremaple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup milk of your choice
- 1 punnet strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- Place liners in a muffin pan, or lightly grease the pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond meal, flour, coconut, baking powder and salt.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over a low heat, and allow to cool slightly while preparing other wet ingredients.
- In a medium sized bowl, lightly whisk the eggs and then add the honey, yoghurt, milk and vanilla. Pour in the coconut oil and continue to gently whisk until all wet ingredients are well mixed.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, until just combined.
- Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among baking cups, filling to about ¾ full.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown.
- After removing from the oven, allow to rest for 5 minutes and then cool on a rack.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE