The Updated Toasted Muesli Recipe
(now it’s even yummier!)
Here is the updated recipe for my yummy toasted muesli. I’ve added more nuts and decreased the dried fruit, so you can still add some fresh fruit to your bowl like banana or berries.
As usual, you can play around with it and adjust the quantities to suit your taste.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3-4 tablespoons mixed seeds, eg. pumpkin, sesame, sunflower
- 1 cup mixed raw nuts
- ½ cup your favourite dried fruit**
- 3-4 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 ½ tablespoons raw honey or Rice Malt Syrup
- 1½ tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 140-160℃ (depending on your oven) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the rolled oats, seeds, nuts and coconut in a large bowl.
- Gently warm the honey/RMS, tahini and coconut oil in a saucepan until smooth and runny. Pour into the bowl and mix to thoroughly coat the dry ingredients.
- Spread evenly onto baking tray and cook for 15-20 minutes. Baking time may be longer or shorter, depending on your oven and you must watch closely so it doesn’t burn!
- Once cooled, add back into the large bowl and mix in the dried fruits.
- When completely cool, store in an airtight container.
- I’ve been using goji berries and dried papaya.
- You can experiment with different nuts and dried fruits and add your favourite spices such as cinnamon for different flavours.
- I find that spice such as cinnamon can clump or settle at the bottom of the jar or container, so just add it freshly to each bowl or serving of muesli.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!