My tzatziki dip literally takes about 5 minutes to make and it’s one of the tastiest I’ve ever had! I have it for lunch quite a lot, especially when I want something light, but quick and satisfying.
Just add your favourite protein – a small can of salmon is my favourite, or diced chicken breast. Then all you need is some chopped tomato for a super fast, super healthy nutritious lunch!
You can use any type of cucumber for this recipe; I use a small Lebanese cucumber usually and use the whole cucumber.
I say the juice of half a lemon in the recipe, but adjust the amount to suit your taste.
If you want to make the dip to eat/serve later, make it directly into a storage container to go straight into the fridge – the flavour will develop a bit more and it will be even tastier!
- small carton of Greek Yoghurt (200ml)
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of half a lemon
- ½ regular cucumber
- sea salt
- Place some paper towel on a chopping board and grate your cucumber directly onto the paper towel
- Cover the cucumber with more paper towel and flip over, then remove the wet towel from the top. Repeat this step once more and most of the moisture from the cucumber should have been absorbed
- Give the cucumber a good sprinkle of sea salt and set aside
- In a small-medium sized bowl, combine the yoghurt, chopped/minced garlic and lemon juice – the quickest way is to use a garlic press
- The next step is to carefully remove the remaining paper towel from the cucumber, add the cucumber to your dip and mix it through