Fast, healthy & delicious Tzatziki
My tzatziki dip literally takes about 5 minutes to make and it’s one of the tastiest I’ve ever had! I have it for lunch quite a lot, especially when I want something light, but quick and satisfying.
Just add your favourite protein – a small can of salmon is my favourite, or some diced chicken breast. Then all you need is a chopped tomato for a super fast, super healthy nutritious lunch!
You can use any type of cucumber for this recipe; I use a small Lebanese cucumber usually and use the whole cucumber.
If you want to make the dip to eat/serve later, make it directly into a storage container to go straight into the fridge – the flavour will develop a bit more and it will be even tastier!
5 MINUTE TZATZIKI
- 1 small carton of Greek yoghurt or 3-4 tbspns
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of half a lemon
- ½ regular cucumber
- sea salt to taste
- Place some paper towel on a chopping board and grate the cucumber directly onto the paper towel.
- Cover the cucumber with more paper towel and flip over, then remove the wet towel from the top. Repeat this step once more and most of the moisture from the cucumber should have been absorbed.
- Give the cucumber a good sprinkle of sea salt and set aside.
- In a small-medium sized bowl, combine the yoghurt, finely chopped garlic and lemon juice.
- Then carefully remove the remaining paper towel from the cucumber, and add it to the yoghurt mix. Give it a good stir and enjoy!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!