Stay Healthy Naturally All Year Round!
I don’t know about you, but I much prefer to prevent colds & flus, especially in Winter, than have to deal with being sick and everything it entails.
The thought of cold & flu tablets and antibiotics (and how they mess with our health by killing off a lot of our good gut bacteria) makes me cringe.
You can check out my list of immune boosting foods in this post about Natural Cold & Flu Remedies and give this smoothie a try.
It’s just five ingredients and if you drink it regularly it should help keep your immune system healthy.
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1 orange, chopped
- 1 grapefruit, chopped
- 1 piece ginger, chopped
- 1 large handful of spinach
- water (to taste)
- Blend the spinach with a little water.
- Roughly chop the ginger and other fruits.
- Add to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Use a small amount of water, as you can always add more if your finished smoothie is too thick.
- Use any variety of fruits that you like – I used a William pear and a ruby grapefruit.
- If you prefer a sweeter taste, add another orange, or just use half the grapefruit.
- Will keep overnight if refrigerated.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!