Easy Choc Chip Cookies
Need to whip up a batch of cookies/biccies quickly that taste great and are good for you too?
These cookies are perfect for morning or afternoon tea without the guilt and for kids after school snacks. You’ll know you’re giving them something nutritious, not empty calories.
They only take a few minutes to prepare and use pantry staples that you’ll have on hand. No need to visit the supermarket to buy special ingredients!
And who doesn’t like freshly baked cookies warm from the oven?
EASY CHOC CHIP COOKIES
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup oats
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon honey/rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- handful choc chips or cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 180℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix the oats and mashed banana together.
- Add the coconut, honey and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the choc chips last and mix through.
- Form the mixture into balls, place on the baking tray and flatten out with the palm of your hand into cookie shapes.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until just starting to brown.
This recipe makes 5-6 cookies, so adjust accordingly.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.