The Sunshine Blogger Award
I was recently honoured to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award. This in an award given from bloggers to other bloggers who inspire creativity and positivity within the blogging community.
As everyone in the Wendy’s Way community knows, a big part of my mission is to inspire and motivate using a positive message. Needless to say, when Amy told me she’d nominated me, I was chuffed to bits!
My nomination came from my dear friend and Forever Fierce sister, Amy Kennedy of YourFavouriteChapter. Amy is one of the kindest people I know. She is so positive and encouraging, and she’s a brilliant writer to boot. I love reading her blog posts, she has such a way with words.
Here are the questions Amy posed to us, with my answers
1. Tell us a little about you and how you chose to become a blogger.
I didn’t set out to specifically be a blogger, that was just a by-product of my website. When I started Wendy’s Way to Health in 2014, my intention was to coach clients one-on-one in person, and online.
As the business grew and evolved, I realised the importance of having a blog, as somewhere that my healthy living articles, tips, tools and recipes could live.
Now I love being part of the blogging community – I’ve met so many wonderful people, and made a few friends along the way too!
2. Posts about health and fitness are some of the most popular posts on the internet. Why do you suppose that is?
Health and fitness is a very popular subject, and rightly so. Who doesn’t want to feel healthier and more energised?
It can be very confusing though, with everything from sensational media headlines, to ‘too good to be true’ product claims, to well meaning (but often unqualified) bloggers who want to share their latest diet success with the world.
I always caution my community members to stick with reliable sources, and check that facts & claims can be backed up by independent research. You need to know not just what you’re putting in your body, but how it will affect your body. And your results may be very different from someone else’s.
3. When it comes to eating healthy, what is your #1 snack or meal?
My #1 snack or meal would have to be anything made with eggs. Eggs are so versatile, a complete source of protein, and they contain healthy fats, vitamins & minerals. Just add some veggies for a quick and easy nutritious meal.
4. What advice would you give to a woman who feels trapped in bad health habits and maybe feels like it’s hopeless?
The saddest thing about this question is that there are so many women out there feeling like this. I’d love to be able to help every one of them to understand that even though change can seem scary, it doesn’t have to be overwhelming.
With guidance from an experienced coach, they can slowly, and safely, implement changes and create new habits. It’s not an instant, or overnight process, but it is worthwhile. Every woman is worth the effort of investing in herrself, and feeling good.
5. What are your top 3 tips for staying focused and seeing your health goals through?
Accountability is one of the best tools you can make use of to achieve your goals. That can be in the form of a gym partner, a Personal Trainer, a Facebook group, or a coach, depending on the goal, and your circumstances.
Support is another key factor in sticking with an exercise or eating plan, and the more, the better. Coaches, trainers, & Facebook groups are great sources of support, as well as family and friends. If you have a wide variety of supportive sources, then you’ll always have someone there for you when you need them.
The most important element though is to set yourself up for success from the beginning. Set SMART goals, and plan out the action steps you’ll need to take to get yourself there. When you know exactly what you want to achieve, why it’s important, and have a realistic plan for how you’ll do it, you’ll pretty much be unstoppable.
6. What are 3 bucket list items you want to include in your life story?
I feel very fortunate that I’ve experienced living and working in lots of different places around Australia. And even though we lived in England for several years, and travelled fairly extensively through Europe, I’ve yet to go on a cruise. So I think a Mediterranean river cruise would be fun.
I’d also still like to experience a lot more of the world. It seems that no matter how many fascinating places I’ve visited, there are always so many more beckoning.
It would be fun to build another house one day too. We built the first house that we owned a few years ago, and it was such a great learning experience. We did say that we’d love to do it again someday, using the knowledge we gained, and the lessons learned from the first build.
7. Can you link one of your favorite posts and tell us why you love it?
Besides my recipes, which are favourites, I’d have to say my CHANGING HABITS post. I wrote it a couple of years ago, and I continuously update it and add more value, to explain the benefits of changing your habits and creating a healthier lifestyle.
Go read it right now, I’ve got a simple challenge for you at the end! It’s easy enough for anyone to do, and it will show you that just one small change really can make a difference.
Now it’s my turn to pass this beautiful honour of the Sunshine Blogger Award, on to someone else.
There are two sunshine bloggers I’d like to nominate: Cat Collucio and Sue Loncaric. They are both inspiring midlife women, each in their own unique way.
Cat is at CatCollucio.com
I first met Cat online through the Forever Fierce Revolution, and then was fortunate enough to meet her recently in real life.
Cat is a motivational speaker, personal trainer, and life coach, as well as being a talented musician. There’s always lots of fun to be had in her Rocking Midlife Facebook community, too.
Sue from SizzlingTowards60andBeyond
As the name suggests, Sue’s fabulous blog is about living well at midlife and beyond. She started running at the age of 50, and now regularly runs half marathons. Sue is currently completing a Certificate IV in Fitness, and shares all of her insights and experiences on her blog.
Ladies, here are your questions
1. When did you start your blog, and why?
2. Have you always been interested in health & fitness?
3. Can you briefly explain how you start your day, and if you have a morning ritual?
4. What’s your favourite exercise/activity?
5. What places are on your travel bucket list?
6. What are your 3 favourite books or films?
7. If you had the opportunity to interview any 3 people, who would you choose?
8. What’s your favourite healthy meal?
9. Can you share the blog post that you’re most proud of
THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER INSTRUCTIONS AS YOU PASS THE BATON:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to his/her blog.
- Answer the questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other blogs and give questions for them to answer.
- Notify your nominees through social media or by commenting on their blog.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
Thank you to my nominees for participating and may your days be filled with sunshine!
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued community member, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the free 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different health theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty. Wendy's Way community members get exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive VIP access to my free tools & resources – community members always get 'first dibs' and exclusive previews!
Take your first step to a healthier way of living that just works.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."