Try this banana muesli for a delicious and healthy twist on regular toasted muesli.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 12 servings
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup mixed nuts – I use walnuts & cashews
- ½ cup mixed seeds – I use pumpkin & sunflower
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
Preheat oven to 150-160℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, seeds, salt and vanilla and set aside.
Mix the coconut oil, maple syrup and mashed bananas until well combined and smooth.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together with your hands.
Spread the mixture evenly on the baking tray and bake for approximately 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven.
Keep checking and turning as the muesli cooks to make sure it doesn't burn. Remove from the oven when it's a golden brown colour throughout, and allow to cool.
Store in glass jars.
- The oven temperature needs to be fairly low, so the muesli will cook evenly without burning.
- Take the tray out of the oven every 5-10 minutes and turn the mixture to make sure that it's all cooked through.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 26.9g | Protein: 5.5g | Fat: 9.4g