Quick and easy broccoli soup
This broccoli soup is great for a light lunch, as it doesn’t take too long to make. It’s delicious, nutritious and perfect at any time of year.
I’ve added the goodness of tomatoes, onion and garlic too, so you’ll get a good hit of healthy veggies.
To make this broccoli soup a more substantial meal, simply add some garlic bread, grilled cheese on toast, or savoury muffins.
I love all of these options, and I find my CHEESE AND BACON MUFFINS go really well this soup.
Take the free 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
I'll send you everything you need: recipes, planning & prep tips, tools & resources and a daily dose of motivation.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COMMIT TO ONE SIMPLE NEW DAILY HABIT.
This broccoli soup is also an easy dish for when you’re meal prepping. I usually make a big batch and keep some in the freezer for those lazy days when I want a quick meal, but I still want it to be healthy.
Why this broccoli soup is so good
- It really is quick and easy to make, about 30 minutes all up
- Just chop & boil the veggies, then blend with some stock
- This soup is an easy vegetarian option for a “Meatless Monday” meal
- The recipe will make three serves, so it’s economical too!
Leafy green veggies (like broccoli) and tomatoes are on my list of EVERYDAY HEALTHY BRAIN FOODS. Make sure you grab the free infographic at the end of the post too.
The biggest challenge for me with this soup is getting decent photos! So if you manage to take some, please share them with me. Tag me on Instagram @wendyswaytohealth.
Here’s the recipe
BROCCOLI SOUP WITH TOMATO
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 300-400 grams broccoli, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- salt & pepper to season
- Peel and chop all of the vegetables.
- Sautee the onion and garlic in a large saucepan for five minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the broccoli florets, stock, water and mixed herbs.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomato and continue to simmer for another 5-10 minutes, until vegetables are very soft.
- Transfer to a blender, season with salt & pepper and puree until smooth.Serve immediately.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued member of my community, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the live rounds of the 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing free education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty with exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive free tools & resources, starting with the flexi-menu planner. Learn to prepare quick healthy meals in exactly the right portion sizes without measuring or counting calories.
Join now, and take your first step towards a healthier life.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."