Quick and easy broccoli soup
This broccoli soup is great for a light lunch, as it doesn’t take too long to make. It’s delicious, nutritious and perfect at any time of year.
I’ve added the goodness of tomatoes, onion and garlic too, so you’ll get a good hit of healthy veggies.
To make this broccoli soup a more substantial meal, simply add some garlic bread, grilled cheese on toast, or savoury muffins.
I love all of these options, and I find my CHEESE AND BACON MUFFINS go really well this soup.
This broccoli soup is also an easy dish for when you’re meal prepping. I usually make a big batch and keep some in the freezer for those lazy days when I want a quick meal, but I still want it to be healthy.
Why this broccoli soup is so good
- It really is quick and easy to make – about 30 minutes all up
- Just chop & boil the veggies, then blend with some stock
- This soup is an easy vegetarian option for a “Meatless Monday” meal
- The recipe will make three serves, so it’s economical too!
The biggest challenge for me with this soup is getting decent photos! So if you manage to take some, please share them with me. Tag me on Instagram @wendyswaytohealth.
WANT SPECIALISED OVER 50's HEALTH INFO & RECIPES DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX?
Here’s the recipe
BROCCOLI SOUP WITH TOMATO
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 300-400 grams broccoli, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- salt & pepper to season
- Peel and chop all of the vegetables.
- Sautee the onion and garlic in a large saucepan for five minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the broccoli florets, stock, water and mixed herbs.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomato and continue to simmer for another 5-10 minutes, until vegetables are very soft.
- Transfer to a blender, season with salt & pepper and puree until smooth.Serve immediately.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Please read this post about WHY YOU SHOULDN’T COUNT CALORIES for more information