These are hands down my favourite appetiser, ever. They’re really versatile; great as a starter before dinner or healthy party finger food.
We always make them at some point during the festive season. They’re full of flavour yet light and healthy.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon oil (coconut or olive)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 avocado
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- Italian herbs (basil, thyme, rosemary)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 180℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice sweet potato into even ½ inch thick slices.
- Place slices on the tray and coat with the oil. Sprinkle over the salt and paprika.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- While the crostini are cooking, chop and dice the avocado, tomatoes & onion.
- Combine in a bowl with the oil and herbs.
- Remove the crostini from the oven when cooked and allow to cool.
- Top with bruschetta just prior to serving.
- You can bake the crostini base and prepare the topping a little bit ahead. Then keep them separately in the fridge until you're ready to assemble them.
Pin it for later