3 Summer brekkie bowls that are healthy and delicious
These 3 Summer brekkie bowls are perfectly suited for healthy and delicious Summer breakfasts.
If you know anything about me by now, you know that breakfast is my favourite meal and that I absolutely loooove a good brekkie bowl or smoothie bowl.
I mean, what’s not to love? They’re delicious and nutritious. These brekkie bowls will fill you up, keep you satisfied until lunchtime and keep those nasty sugar cravings at bay.
You can easily make a different one every day, by just switching out the fruits, nuts & seeds for different flavour combos.
1. 5 minute Summer brekkie bowl
The first recipe I’ve got for you here is mixed straight in the bowl, so you don’t need a blender.
This is my favourite go-to, because it’s so quick and easy. And because it’s so versatile, you’ll never get bored with it.
Just use different fruit, nuts, seeds or different muesli/granola combo’s for a new flavour every day.
5 MINUTE SUMMER BREKKIE BOWL
- 3 dessert spoons plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 spoon flax or chia seeds
- your choice of nuts
- sesame seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- fresh fruit
- Spoon the yoghurt into a bowl and stir in the honey. You can also add a teaspoon of vanilla extract if you like.
- Mix in protein powder, flax or chia seeds, if required.
- Sprinkle over the nuts and seeds.
- Add fresh fruit and you're good to go!
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
2. Pomegranate acai brekkie bowl
You’ll need a blender to make the pomegranate acai brekkie bowl. I use acai powder with frozen berries in this one.
I also add some oats for texture, but you could use flax or chia seeds instead.
Pomegranate seeds give this brekkie bowl a lovely freshness, and they combine really well with the dried mango.
Click here for the recipe: POMEGRANATE ACAI BREKKIE BOWL
3. Strawberry mango brekkie bowl
Mangos for me are the taste of Summer, which is why I use them a lot in my brekkie bowls, popsicles and ice cream recipes.
This brekkie bowl is a classic with mango, strawberries, Greek yoghurt and coconut milk.
For a refreshingly different post workout breakfast, blend this one up, pour into some popsicle moulds and then freeze them for 2-3 hours.
Click here for this recipe: STRAWBERRY MANGO BREKKIE BOWL
Free Brekkie Challenge
By the way .... have you heard about the fabulous free 2-week brekkie challenge that takes place in the Wendy's Way community several times each year?
It's an easy way to get into (or back into) a healthy breakfast habit, because I give you everything you need.
Pop over to the BREKKIE CHALLENGE PAGE for all the details.
Don't miss out on the next free Brekkie Challenge – join the Wendy's Way community now and I'll let you know when the next one is starting.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued community member, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the free 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different health theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty. Wendy's Way community members get exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive VIP access to my free tools & resources – community members always get 'first dibs' and exclusive previews!
Take your first step to a healthier way of living that just works.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."