Raw, Choc, Peanut Butter Energy Bars!
I’ve slightly changed the recipe and these raw energy bars are yummier than ever!
These are my go-to pre gym brekkie.
They’re also great as a post workout snack, especially if you’re short on time.
Keep them in a container in the freezer, then you can just grab one to eat whenever you like.
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ cup flax seed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- 16 medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Goji berries
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor, except the boiling water, until well combined and the mixture forms crumbs. Make sure the dates and oats are finely processed.
- Slowly add the boiling water until the mixture clumps together; you may need a little bit more than the 2 tablespoons, I find I do if my measuring isn’t spot on!
- Pour the mixture into the slice tin and press it down firmly and evenly.
- Allow it to set in the freezer for an hour or two before cutting into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for up to two weeks.