Banana & Pear Loaf
I don’t know about you, but I love a good banana bread and I try out new recipes quite often. Since I’ve switched to healthier versions and baking my own instead of buying it, I now have a pretty good idea of the flavours and combination of ingredients that I like.
When I bake or make raw treats, I usually do it as I would a meal prep exercise, i.e. I make a few things in one go to freeze and use later. That’s what I was doing when I decided to experiment a little and that’s how I came up with this recipe. It wasn’t what I started out to do, but ended up being what you might call a ‘happy accident!’
I was cooking up some rhubarb, pear and strawberries on the stovetop, which I love to use with porridge or yoghurt for breakfast or snacks. Next on the list was banana loaf, it was a new recipe that I was trying and tweaking to suit my taste. Then inspiration struck and I thought that I would add some of the fruit mix to the batter.
Take the free 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
I'll send you everything you need: recipes, planning & prep tips, tools & resources and a daily dose of motivation.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COMMIT TO ONE SIMPLE NEW DAILY HABIT.
As you’ve probably already guessed, it turned out very well, which is why I now finally feel that I have a banana loaf recipe I can truly call my own! So that’s the story behind the creation of ‘my’ banana and pear loaf.
The recipe I’m giving you below uses pear and strawberry pieces, but feel free to cook a rhubarb mix if you want to! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
And make sure you also try this amazing BANANA WALNUT BREAD.
BANANA AND PEAR LOAF
- 2 medium or 3 small bananas
- 1 pear,chopped into small pieces
- 6 medium sized strawberries, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 175℃ and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Chop the bananas into small chunks and place in a large bowl. Roughly mash, using a stick blender or fork.
- Add the eggs, melted coconut oil, sweetener and vanilla and blend until well mixed.
- Fold in the dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Add in pear and strawberry pieces and gently mix through the batter.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes, or until golden on top and a skewer comes out clean.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued member of my community, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the live rounds of the 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing free education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty with exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive free tools & resources, starting with the flexi-menu planner. Learn to prepare quick healthy meals in exactly the right portion sizes without measuring or counting calories.
Join now, and take your first step towards a healthier life.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!