No bake peanut butter energy bars
These peanut butter energy bars are the perfect breakfast with a cup of coffee before a morning workout. When I make a batch, I cut them into small bars, so one is just enough to stop my tummy rumbling!
The recipe is quick and easy to whip up as part of your weekend meal prep, so you’ll always have healthy energy bars on hand.
Peanut butter and dates are such a great flavour combination. Oh and did I mention chocolate? Yep, these energy bars also have cacao powder!
This energy bar recipe is free from added sugars, with plenty of natural sweetness coming from the dates. Oats, almond meal and pumpkin seeds are the remaining ingredients that round out this healthy energy bar recipe.
I think the combination of chocolate, peanut butter, and dates is a flavour mix that’s hard to beat. You’ll have to try these bars for yourself and let me know if you agree.
For me, they’re the perfect breakfast before a workout. They’re also an ideal mid afternoon snack before an evening training session.
You can also check out my second favourite version of these bars: CHOCOLATE ENERGY BARS
And don’t forget to try my delicious HEALTHY MUESLI BARS too
Take the free 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
I'll send you everything you need: recipes, planning & prep tips, tools & resources and a daily dose of motivation.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COMMIT TO ONE SIMPLE NEW DAILY HABIT.
My best healthy dessert & snack recipes
Have you got your copy of my Guilt-free Desserts & Snacks recipe book yet?
With over 40 delicious recipes, it’s a must have for every healthy home cook.
Take the 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
Great news!!! In between each live round of the brekkie challenge, I’ve now decided to keep it open via email, so you can do it as a mini-course.
This round is focussed on adding Omega 3’s and antioxidants to your diet, so it's perfect for everyone right now.
I'm challenging you to commit to one simple habit you can implement right now to improve your health. Sign up and take the 2-week brekkie challenge – it's free!
Here’s the recipe
Peanut butter energy bars
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 16 medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Line a shallow slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Blend all ingredients except the boiling water, in a food processor until well combined and the mixture starts to crumb. Make sure the dates are finely chopped.
- Slowly add the boiling water until the mixture clumps together; you may need a little bit more than the 2 tablespoons, I find I do sometimes as I'm not overly precise with my measurements.
- Pour the mixture into the slice tin and allow to harden in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued member of my community, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the live rounds of the 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing free education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty with exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive free tools & resources, starting with the flexi-menu planner. Learn to prepare quick healthy meals in exactly the right portion sizes without measuring or counting calories.
Join now, and take your first step towards a healthier life.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!