This Banana Mango Nice Cream is Healthy and Delicious!
How do you healhify ice cream? By making it banana nice cream, of course! It’s so easy to make your own with frozen fruit and coconut milk or yoghurt.
The combination of fruits you can use are endless really and most recipes will use banana as the base.
Just a few simple ingredients
This banana mango nice cream recipe uses just four ingredients and there’s no added or refined sugars. It’s simply frozen banana and mango chunks blended with coconut milk and vanilla bean paste.
I think home made nice cream is an especially good natural treat for the kids, as it tastes great and there isn’t any added sugar, thickeners, stabilisers or other chemicals.
Quick and easy to make
You only need a high speed blender or food processor, not a fancy ice cream maker. It doesn’t need to be churned and re-churned, just blend and eat. This nice cream is ready to serve instantly, or you can blend it and put in the freezer for later.
Nice cream can be eaten at any time of day; it’s yummy for breakfast on a hot day or as a refreshing treat after a hot and sweaty workout. Add some protein powder, nuts or seeds for an extra boost.
You can use all sorts of different toppings on your nice cream, from chopped nuts to flax and chia seeds, protein or other powders or choc chips.
This recipe is my favourite, but banana/berry is a close second, just swap the mango for frozen berries!
Here’s the recipe
BANANA MANGO NICE CREAM
- 2 frozen bananas, pre cut into chunks
- 1 mango, diced and frozen
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- ⅓ cup cold coconut milk
- Simply place all of your ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide between two bowls and enjoy!
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued community member, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the free 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different health theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty. Wendy's Way community members get exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive VIP access to my free tools & resources community members always get 'first dibs' and exclusive previews!
Take your first step to a healthier way of living that just works.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!