Kale and other vegetable chips
So who hasn’t tried kale chips yet? Seems like everyone is talking about kale these days.
I guess it’s like anything, you need to be game enough to try something new. Once you have and decided that you like it, it becomes a new inclusion in your repertoire.
I actually prefer the taste of spinach in most recipes, so it took me quite a long time to try kale chips. I’m glad I did now though, they are definitely a yummy alternative to ‘regular’ chips.
Roast veggie chips are delish too. We often make our own potato or beet chips. The veggies do need to be sliced thinly and uniformly, so use a slicer and watch your fingers!
We use our spiraliser for potato or beet chips. It gives the chips a hole in the middle, but they taste great, so we don’t mind how they look.
Take the free 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
I'll send you everything you need: recipes, planning & prep tips, tools & resources and a daily dose of motivation.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COMMIT TO ONE SIMPLE NEW DAILY HABIT.
Here’s the recipe
- 1 bunch of curly kale
- 1-2 tbsp Olive oil, or use a spray
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- Lemon juice, paprika, chilli flakes, or your favourite herbs/spices
- Preheat oven to 140 - 160℃ and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the kale. Tear the leaves into small pieces.
- Spread the kale leaves out in a single layer on the baking trays. Lightly coat with oil and massage into the leaves.
- Sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper and other herbs or spices as desired.
- Bake for 10 - 20 minutes, until crunchy - the edges should be slightly brown, but be careful not to burn them.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued member of my community, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the live rounds of the 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing free education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty with exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive free tools & resources, starting with the flexi-menu planner. Learn to prepare quick healthy meals in exactly the right portion sizes without measuring or counting calories.
Join now, and take your first step towards a healthier life.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."