Healthy chocolate vanilla bliss balls
These chocolate vanilla bliss balls are both healthy and delicious.
Eat them as a snack any time of day, or even have a couple for a quick, healthy breakfast on the run.
You could also call them protein energy balls, protein bliss balls, or no bake protein/bliss balls.
Whatever name you give them, they’re fabulous little bites of energy. I like to call them bliss balls, because they taste heavenly!
Take the free 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
I'll send you everything you need: recipes, planning & prep tips, tools & resources and a daily dose of motivation.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COMMIT TO ONE SIMPLE NEW DAILY HABIT.
Are bliss balls actually good for you?
Well, as with any food, it depends, mostly on the ingredients, and how many you eat!
All of my bliss ball recipes use natural, whole food ingredients.
Eating one or two makes for a great healthy snack, especially after a workout when you’re looking for a little protein or energy boost.
But don’t just take my word for it! Here’s a great blog post on the GOODNESS ME BOX BLOG with a sensible explanation.
Some of my other bliss balls/protein balls recipes you should also try are:
or these MATCHA PROTEIN BALLS for something a little bit different
A couple of pointers to help you make these chocolate vanilla bliss balls
- They will keep well in the fridge (in an airtight container) for about a week.
- You can use coconut butter instead of coconut oil, for a more creamy, fudgey consistency.
- If using coconut butter, you may also need to add a teaspoon of hot water or melted coconut oil to bind the mix together.
- Add your favourite nuts or dried fruits to these bliss balls. Simply push them into the balls after you’ve rolled them, and before rolling in the coconut. Goji berries are one of my favourites.
- Try using buckwheat or flaxseed instead of protein powder for a different flavour variation.
- Bliss balls and energy balls are a fabulous healthy snack anytime, they’re just the right size! I especially love them before or after a workout.
Take the 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
Great news!!! In between each live round of the brekkie challenge, I’ve now decided to keep it open via email, so you can do it as a mini-course.
This round is focussed on adding Omega 3’s and antioxidants to your diet, so it's perfect for everyone right now.
I'm challenging you to commit to one simple habit you can implement right now to improve your health. Sign up and take the 2-week brekkie challenge – it's free!
Here’s the recipe
CHOC VANILLA BLISS BALLS
- 3 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, or coconut butter
- sprinkle sea salt
- extra coconut for rolling
- Line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Put all ingredients into a medium size bowl and mix/stir until mixture sticks together.
- Roll into balls, coat with extra coconut if using, and place on the baking tray.
- Put into the fridge for 3-4 hours, or until set.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued member of my community, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the live rounds of the 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing free education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty with exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive free tools & resources, starting with the flexi-menu planner. Learn to prepare quick healthy meals in exactly the right portion sizes without measuring or counting calories.
Join now, and take your first step towards a healthier life.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!