Nutritious post workout pancakes
Pancakes after training are always a delicous treat for me, which is why I developed this post workout pancakes recipe.
My first healthy pancake recipe was a very simple two ingredient recipe back in 2014, and I’ve been adapting and improving it ever since.
This version of the recipe came about as I wanted the pancake mix to hold together better without affecting the simplicity of it.
And of course, I wanted to still keep it quick and easy to make.
So the very basic egg and banana pancakes now have a couple more ingredients. They’re now easier to cook, and taste even better.
They also have more protein, which is important for post workout nutrition. And still no added or refined sugars.
Have you got your copy of my Healthy Desserts & Snacks recipe book yet?
With over 40 delicious recipes, it’s a must have for every healthy home cook.
This recipe makes one large pancake, which I find very filling once you add your fruit, yoghurt and syrup toppings. Simply adjust the quantities accordingly if you’re feeding more than just yourself.
Try these topping ideas to keep your pancakes refined sugar free:
- Microwave 1/2 cup of apricots (fresh or unsweetened tinned) with the juice of 1/2 an orange for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Microwave 1 cup of strawberries until warm and syrupy, add a little vanilla essence.
- Add a couple of spoonfuls of plain Greek yoghurt or kefir.
For another high protein pancake recipe that doesn’t use any protein powder, try these 3 INGREDIENT PROTEIN PANCAKES
Try these EASY WEEKEND PANCAKES for an indulgent but healthy weekend breakfast.
Free brekkie challenge
Don’t forget to join the free 2-week brekkie challenge that takes place in the Wendy’s Way community several times each year.
Hop on over to the BREKKIE CHALLENGE PAGE for all the details.
Or even easier, sign up now and I’ll let you know when the next one is starting!
Here’s the recipe
POST WORKOUT PANCAKES
- ½ banana
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dessert spoon almond meal or buckwheat flour
- 1 dessert spoon flaxseed
- Mash the banana in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and whisk until well combined.
- Keep stirring as you add the dry ingredients and then pour mixture immediately into a hot non stick frying pan.
- Cook for a minute or two, until well browned and then flip the pancake over to finish cooking evenly on the other side.
If you're stuck for topping ideas or looking for some new ones, try these:
Microwave 1/2 cup of apricots (fresh or unsweetened tinned) with the juice of 1/2 an orange for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
Microwave 1 cup of strawberries until warm and syrupy, add a little vanilla essence.
Add a couple of spoonfuls of plain greek yoghurt if desired.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Please read this post about WHY YOU SHOULDN’T COUNT CALORIES for more information
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued community member, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the free 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different health theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty. Wendy's Way community members get exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive VIP access to my free tools & resources – community members always get 'first dibs' and exclusive previews!
Take your first step to a healthier way of living that just works.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!