Turmeric scrambled eggs with veggies
These turmeric scrambled eggs are a great way to super charge “normal” scrambled eggs with an extra anti oxidant boost.
I’m sure you’ve heard about the health benefits of consuming turmeric, although you might be wondering how to add it into your diet.
Start by reading this post,THE AMAZING BENEFITS OF TURMERIC.
Below I’ll give you some simple suggestions for adding turmeric to your food.
Turmeric is one of the best spices to add to eggs
I find turmeric goes really well with eggs, especially scrambled eggs. Just remember to also add some black pepper to help your body to fully absorb the turmeric.
Try sprinkling some turmeric on top of your fried eggs, boiled, or poached eggs too.
Another easy way to enjoy this earthy spice is to sprinkle turmeric, smoked paprika, salt & pepper over root veggies like potato, carrot & pumpkin, and bake bake them.
This turmeric scrambled eggs recipe has some spinach and tomatoes added as well, so you’ll get an extra hit of veggies too.
Eggs and tomatoes are on my list of EVERYDAY FOODS TO EAT FOR A HEALTHY BRAIN. After you’ve read the article, there’s a free infographic you can download too!
Need some more egg recipe ideas? Check out these 29 HEALTHY EGG BREAKFAST RECIPES.
Make one simple healthy change: take the free 2-week brekkie challenge
The brekkie challenge runs ‘live’ 3 times each year, to help you to create a new healthy breakfast habit, or simply get back on track with your healthy eating plan.
Now I've got some great news!!! In between each live round, I’ve now decided to keep the email access open – so you can do it as a mini-course.
The last live challenge was in January, and the focus was on adding Omega 3’s and anti oxidants to your diet.
Given our current climate, this is now more important than ever. And you’ve got plenty of time to do it, no excuses!
So I'm challenging you to commit to one simple habit you can implement to improve your health right now – sign up and take the 2-week brekkie challenge.
Watch how to make this recipe
Here’s the recipe
TURMERIC SCRAMBLED EGGS
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Whisk the eggs, turmeric, salt & pepper together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a small frypan and cook the tomato for 2-3 minutes, until soft.
- Add the spinach and continue cooking for another minute or two. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small non stick saucepan and add the egg mixture.
- Cook over a low heat, keeping the eggs moving by pushing side to side across the pan with a spatula.
- When the eggs are almost done, add the spinach & tomato.
- Finish cooking and serve immediately.
Watch the video
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
For another healthy and delicious weekend breakfast, try my EASY WEEKEND PANCAKES recipe. These pancakes are a great tasting, healthy variation of a traditional favourite. And they’re quick and easy to whip up too!
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued member of my community, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the live rounds of the 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing free education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty with exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive free tools & resources, starting with the flexi-menu planner. Learn to prepare quick healthy meals in exactly the right portion sizes without measuring or counting calories.
Join now, and take your first step towards a healthier life.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!