Turmeric scrambled eggs with veggies
These turmeric scrambled eggs are a great way to super charge “normal” scrambled eggs with an extra anti oxidant boost.
I’m sure you’ve heard about the health benefits of consuming turmeric, although you might be wondering how to add it into your diet.
I think turmeric goes really well with eggs, any way you like to cook them. Just remember to also add some pepper to help with absorption of the turmeric. Try sprinkling some on top of your fried eggs, or boiled eggs too.
I also love to sprinkle turmeric and smoked paprika, salt & pepper over veggies when I bake them.
This turmeric scrambled eggs recipe has some spinach and tomatoes added as well, so you’ll get an extra hit of veggies too.
Read more about the benefits and uses of turmeric in this post: THE AMAZING BENEFITS OF TURMERIC
GET SPECIALISED OVER 50'S HEALTHY RECIPES, TIPS & INFO DELIVERED DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX.
Watch how to make this recipe
Here’s the recipe
TURMERIC SCRAMBLED EGGS
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Whisk the eggs, turmeric, salt & pepper together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a small frypan and cook the tomato for 2-3 minutes, until soft.
- Add the spinach and continue cooking for another minute or two. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small non stick saucepan and add the egg mixture.
- Cook over a low heat, keeping the eggs moving by pushing side to side across the pan with a spatula.
- When the eggs are almost done, add the spinach & tomato.
- Finish cooking and serve immediately.
Watch the video
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
For another healthy and delicious weekend breakfast, try my EASY WEEKEND PANCAKES recipe. These pancakes are a great tasting, healthy variation of a traditional favourite. And they’re quick and easy to whip up too!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!