Turmeric scrambled eggs with veggies
These turmeric scrambled eggs are a great way to super charge “normal” scrambled eggs with an extra anti oxidant boost.
I’m sure you’ve heard about the health benefits of consuming turmeric, although you might be wondering how to add it into your diet.
Start by reading this post, THE AMAZING BENEFITS OF TURMERIC.
Below I’ll give you some simple suggestions for adding turmeric to your food.
Turmeric is one of the best spices to add to eggs
I find turmeric goes really well with eggs, especially scrambled eggs. Just remember to also add some black pepper to help your body to fully absorb the turmeric.
Try sprinkling some turmeric on top of your fried eggs, boiled, or poached eggs too.
Another easy way to enjoy this earthy spice is to sprinkle turmeric, smoked paprika, salt & pepper over root veggies like potato, carrot & pumpkin, and bake bake them.
This turmeric scrambled eggs recipe has some spinach and tomatoes added as well, so you’ll get an extra hit of veggies too.
Eggs and tomatoes are on my list of EVERYDAY FOODS TO EAT FOR A HEALTHY BRAIN. After you’ve read the article, there’s a free infographic you can download too!
Need some more egg recipe ideas? Check out these 29 HEALTHY EGG BREAKFAST RECIPES.
Free Brekkie Challenge
By the way .... have you heard about the fabulous free 2-week brekkie challenge that takes place in the Wendy's Way community several times each year?
It's an easy way to get into (or back into) a healthy breakfast habit, because I give you everything you need.
Pop over to the BREKKIE CHALLENGE PAGE for all the details.
Don't miss out on the next free Brekkie Challenge – join the Wendy's Way community now and I'll let you know when the next one is starting.
Watch how to make this recipe
Here’s the recipe
TURMERIC SCRAMBLED EGGS
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Whisk the eggs, turmeric, salt & pepper together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a small frypan and cook the tomato for 2-3 minutes, until soft.
- Add the spinach and continue cooking for another minute or two. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small non stick saucepan and add the egg mixture.
- Cook over a low heat, keeping the eggs moving by pushing side to side across the pan with a spatula.
- When the eggs are almost done, add the spinach & tomato.
- Finish cooking and serve immediately.
Watch the video
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
For another healthy and delicious weekend breakfast, try my EASY WEEKEND PANCAKES recipe. These pancakes are a great tasting, healthy variation of a traditional favourite. And they’re quick and easy to whip up too!
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued community member, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the free 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different health theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty. Wendy's Way community members get exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive VIP access to my free tools & resources – community members always get 'first dibs' and exclusive previews!
Take your first step to a healthier way of living that just works.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!