Easy green smoothie
Why should you make your own?
If you haven’t jumped on the green smoothie train yet, but you’re keen to try one, this easy green smoothie recipe is the one for you!
The two biggest reasons to make your own smoothies are:
1. It’s the easiest way to eat more green vegetables.
I don’t think I need to tell you that smoothies, especially green smoothies, are a great way to get some extra vegetables into your diet.
Most of us don’t eat enough veggies, especially greens. Mixing them into a delicious tasting smoothie, is always a big win.
2. It puts you in control of the ingredients
Smoothies that you buy can be very high in sugar, so that’s another great reason to make your own and be in control of the ingredients.
Take the free 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
I'll send you everything you need: recipes, planning & prep tips, tools & resources and a daily dose of motivation.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COMMIT TO ONE SIMPLE NEW DAILY HABIT.
This really is the easiest ever green smoothie
This simple recipe is the first green smoothie I ever tried and I love it as a post exercise meal with a boiled egg or two and a handful of nuts.
This easy green smoothie only takes a few minutes to roughly chop the ingredients and then blend. It’s worth taking an extra minute to blend the spinach and water first, then add the fruit. You’ll get a lovely creamy consistency.
What you’ll need to make it:
- a high speed blender
Once you’ve got this green smoothie down pat, play around with different fruit combos and you’ll soon find some favourites.
I always recommend starting with spinach as your ‘green’ ingredient, as the flavour is so mild, all you taste is the fruit.
You can also use cucumber, celery, parsley, mint, lettuce, broccoli, kale and cauliflower is becoming popular, although it’s not actually green!
Check out my TOP 5 FAVOURITE SMOOTHIES & SHAKES in this post and let me know which one you like best!
This recipe is featured in a post of Cassie’s from Be Forever Healthier: HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT SMOOTHIE. You might find a few other smoothie recipes in there that you like too.
If you’re using fruit and vegetable smoothies as part of a detox, you might also like to read this post: SHOULD YOU DO A DETOX OR CLEANSE?
Take the 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
Great news!!! In between each live round of the brekkie challenge, I’ve now decided to keep it open via email, so you can do it as a mini-course.
This round is focussed on adding Omega 3’s and antioxidants to your diet, so it's perfect for everyone right now.
I'm challenging you to commit to one simple habit you can implement right now to improve your health. Sign up and take the 2-week brekkie challenge – it's free!
Watch the video
Here’s the recipe
EASY GREEN SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- ½ mango, chopped
- ½ banana fresh or frozen, chopped
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup water
- ice cubes, if desired
- Add the spinach & water to a blender and whiz for for a few seconds.
- Add the mango, banana & raspberries and blend again for 15-20 seconds, until smooth.
Watch the video
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued member of my community, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the live rounds of the 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing free education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty with exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive free tools & resources, starting with the flexi-menu planner. Learn to prepare quick healthy meals in exactly the right portion sizes without measuring or counting calories.
Join now, and take your first step towards a healthier life.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!