Easy weekend pancakes: delicious and nutritious
I came up with this easy weekend pancakes recipe because I love pancakes, but they’re not always made with the healthiest ingredients. I knew I could improve on that, so I experimented a bit and came up with these beauties!
Pancakes are a wonderful weekend indulgence, and I want to feel good about the food I eat on a regular basis. It also has to be quick and easy to prepare, because I don’t like messing around for too long in the kitchen.
So let me present my easy weekend pancakes: just throw all of the ingredients in a blender, cook and enjoy. It really is that easy, I promise.
Even better, these are made with wholesome, healthy ingredients, there’s no refined sugar and they’re delish!
Drizzle with some pure maple syrup, top with your favourite fruit and enjoy a leisurely start to your weekend.
Watch this quick video to see how to add raspberries to the batter to make pretty pink pancakes!
Here’s the recipe
EASY WEEKEND PANCAKES
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup Plain Greek Yoghurt
- ¼ cup milk of your choice or use cream for extra creaminess and indulgence
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ banana, chopped into chunks save the other half for topping
- Pure maple syrup and your choice of fruit toppings
- Put all of the ingredients, (except the maple syrup and toppings), into a blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray evenly with an oil spray.
- Pour spoonfuls of the batter into the pan and cook over a medium-high heat until the pancakes are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with maple syrup and topped with the leftover banana and any other fruit you like.
- To keep the pancakes free from added sugars, instead of topping with Maple Syrup try warming some strawberries in the microwave until they become syrupy – yummo!
You can substitute any flour you prefer for the oats, or combine half and half – buckwheat flour or flax seed work really well with oat flour.
Watch the video above to see how to add a handful of raspberries for pretty pink pancakes!
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!