Easy weekend pancakes: delicious and nutritious
I came up with this easy weekend pancakes recipe because I love pancakes, but they’re not always made with the healthiest ingredients.
I knew I could improve on that, so I experimented a bit and came up with these beauties!
Take the free 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
I'll send you everything you need: recipes, planning & prep tips, tools & resources and a daily dose of motivation.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COMMIT TO ONE SIMPLE NEW DAILY HABIT.
Feeling good about all of the the food I eat regularly is super important to me. My meals also have to be quick and easy to prepare, because I don’t like messing around for too long in the kitchen.
These pancakes are a perfect weekend indulgence. They’re quick to whip, they’re made with nutritious ingredients, and they taste fantastic!
You literally throw all of the ingredients in a blender, then cook and enjoy. It really is that easy, I promise.
There’s no sugar added to the pancake mix; the banana adds a lovely natural sweetness, without an overwhelming flavour.
I love to top my pancakes with whatever fresh fruit I have on hand, and then drizzle over some pure maple syrup.
Kefir, or plain Greek yoghurt are some other topping options that will give your breakfast a probiotic boost.
For lots of other great inspiration for your WEEKEND BREAKFASTS take a scroll through these great collections:
Watch this quick video to see how to add raspberries to the batter to make pretty pink pancakes!
Take the 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
Great news!!! In between each live round of the brekkie challenge, I’ve now decided to keep it open via email, so you can do it as a mini-course.
This round is focussed on adding Omega 3’s and antioxidants to your diet, so it's perfect for everyone right now.
I'm challenging you to commit to one simple habit you can implement right now to improve your health. Sign up and take the 2-week brekkie challenge – it's free!
Here’s the recipe
EASY WEEKEND PANCAKES
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ⅔ cup Plain Greek Yoghurt
- ⅓ cup milk of your choice or use cream for extra creaminess and indulgence
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ banana, chopped into chunks save the other half for topping
- Pure maple syrup and your choice of fruit toppings
- Kefir, plain yoghurt, or cream
- Put all of the ingredients, (except the maple syrup and toppings), into a blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray evenly with an oil spray.
- Pour spoonfuls of the batter into the pan and cook over a medium-high heat until the pancakes are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with maple syrup and topped with the leftover banana and any other fruit you like.
Watch the video
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued member of my community, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the live rounds of the 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing free education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty with exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive free tools & resources, starting with the flexi-menu planner. Learn to prepare quick healthy meals in exactly the right portion sizes without measuring or counting calories.
Join now, and take your first step towards a healthier life.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!