Why buy guacamole when you can make it yourself in no time at all?
I make this guacamole recipe all the time as it’s so quick and easy to whip up.
It’s a great way to make avocado a little bit more interesting and you can use it in a number of different ways.
Serve it as a delish, healthy dip with crackers, crusty bread or chopped veggies like carrots, celery or capsicum.
Like my tzatziki dip, it makes a quick & tasty lunch bowl; just add some chicken, salmon or tuna and whatever salad veggies you have handy.
Spoon it over a baked potato, or on the side of your dinner plate to spice up steamed veggies.
Probably the best thing about this guacamole is that you don’t have to use a blender or food processor. Just finely chop the onion, garlic & tomato and then mash them into the avocado.
I actually prefer making it this way, as I like the chunkier texture.
- 1 ripe avocado
- half a medium onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium sized tomato
- juice from half a lemon or lime
- roughly chop the avocado, tomato, onion & garlic and place in blender cup.
- Squeeze in lemon juice.
- Blend for 30 seconds to a minute until you have the consistency you like.
- Roughly chop avocado and put into a medium sized bowl.
- Finely chop onion, garlic & tomato.
- Add to the avocado and mash together until well mixed.
- Squeeze in lemon juice and mix through.
- I prefer to use lime juice, but lemon juice works just as well.
- I also prefer to use a red onion, but again, a brown onion will do the job nicely.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!