Refined sugar free, healthier Anzac biscuits
I actually began developing the recipe for these healthier Anzac biscuits a couple of years ago. And after quite a bit of experimentation, I’m finally happy enough with them to share the recipe here!
There’s always a debate about whether they’re still a true Anzac Biccie if you’ve strayed from the traditional ingredients, so I’ll just let them speak for themselves.
Why are these Anzac biscuits better?
What makes these Anzacs healthier is that they’re made with all natural ingredients. They’re sweetened with just pure maple syrup, and they taste really good.
My Anzacs are made using almond meal instead of plain flour, pure maple syrup instead of golden syrup, and I totally leave out the white sugar!
There’s also a little bit of peanut butter in there that adds an extra crunch.
If you’ve cut back on added sugars, you probably notice a lot more how sweet commercial cakes and biscuits are.
I know from experience now that not all cakes and biscuits can (or should) be “healthified.”
Believe it or not, I find that I don’t really enjoy traditional Anzac biccies anymore, as they taste too sweet. So that’s why I developed these.
I think they taste great, with just enough sweetness, crunch and chewiness! Even Jayson (my hubby) eats them and he’s fussy when it comes to biscuits.
So give them a try and let me know what you think. As always, share your pics on social media. Tag me on Instagram @wendyswaytohealth.
Watch how to make this recipe
Here’s the recipe
HEALTHY ANZAC BISCUITS
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp natural crunchy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 140-150℃ and line a baking tray with paper.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the almond meal, oats, coconut, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Gently heat the butter, peanut butter and maple syrup in a small saucepan until melted and combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix thoroughly.
- Take tablespoons of the mixture and flatten into round circles on the tray.
- Cook for 25-35 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Watch the video
Store in an airtight container – if you have any left over!
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued community member, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the free 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different health theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty. Wendy's Way community members get exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive VIP access to my free tools & resources – community members always get 'first dibs' and exclusive previews!
Take your first step to a healthier way of living that just works.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!