Refined sugar free and yummy Anzac biscuits
I actually developed the recipe for these Anzac biscuits a couple of years ago, after quite a bit of experimentation. And I’m really happy with them, which is why I’ve finally got around to sharing them here!
There’s always a debate about whether they’re still a true Anzac Biccie if you’ve strayed from the traditional ingredients, so I’ll just let you try them and decide for yourself.
What I love best about these is that they’re made with all natural ingredients, they’re refined sugar free and they still taste really good. Even Jayson (my hubby) eats them and he’s fussy when it comes to biscuits.
So give them a try and let me know what you think. As always, share your pics on social media. Tag me on Instagram @wendyswaytohealth.
Watch how to make this recipe
Here’s the recipe
HEALTHY ANZAC BISCUITS
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp natural crunchy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 140-150℃ and line a baking tray with paper.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the almond meal, oats, coconut, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Gently heat the butter, peanut butter and maple syrup in a small saucepan until melted and combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix thoroughly.
- Take tablespoons of the mixture and flatten into round circles on the tray.
- Cook for 25-35 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Watch the video
Store in an airtight container – if you have any left over!
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!