Banana mousse pudding
It’s kind of a cross between a custard, a mousse, and a chia pudding. I adapted this from a chia custard recipe, but I think mousse or pudding is a better description.
This divine, creamy mousse can be eaten as an indulgent breakfast, but it also works perfectly as a dessert or snack.
Make sure you also try my CREAMY MANGO CHIA PUDDING as a delicious, healthy breakfast
Or if you’re looking for a healthier chocolate mousse recipe, I’ve got two in my HEALTHY DESSERTS & SNACKS e-Book
Here’s the recipe
BANANA CHIA MOUSSE
- 1 small can coconut milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 banana, chopped
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- dash salt
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan over a medium heat.
- As the milk starts to heat (after a minute or two) add the egg and whisk to blend. Add the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, but don't let it boil.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a blender.
- Add the chopped banana, dates & salt, and blend until smooth.
- Add the chia seeds and quickly blend again, just enough to mix them evenly through.
- Transfer to a glass jar and allow to cool, then refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE