Banana mousse pudding
I need to start by explaining how I came to call this recipe banana mousse pudding.
I’ve actually just tweaked the name a little bit, as part of the process of updating some of my older recipes. So forgive me if you’re confused – it used to be “banana chia mousse.”
This recipe is kind of a hybrid of a custard, a mousse, and a chia pudding. I actually adapted this from a chia custard recipe, but I think mousse or pudding is a better description.
This divine, creamy mousse can be eaten as an indulgent breakfast, but it also works perfectly as a dessert or snack.
If you’re after a healthier chocolate mousse, I’ve got a couple of recipes in my DESSERTS & SNACKS EBOOK.
Pssst! Have you got your copy of my Healthy Desserts & Snacks recipe book yet?
With over 40 delicious recipes, it's a must have for every healthy home cook.
Free brekkie challenge
Oh and if you’re in need of some support and motivation to stick to a regular breakfast habit, my Free Brekkie Challenge is just the thing!
I give you everything you need, so it’s an easy way to get into (or back into) a healthy breakfast habit.
I run the challenges several time each year, so hop on over to the BREKKIE CHALLENGE PAGE for all of the details about how it works.
Or go ahead and sign up here and I’ll notify you when the next one starts.
Here’s the recipe
BANANA CHIA MOUSSE
- 1 small can coconut milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 banana, chopped
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- dash salt
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan over a medium heat.
- As the milk starts to heat (after a minute or two) add the egg and whisk to blend. Add the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, but don't let it boil.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a blender.
- Add the chopped banana, dates & salt, and blend until smooth.
- Add the chia seeds and quickly blend again, just enough to mix them evenly through.
- Transfer to a glass jar and allow to cool, then refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE