Chocolate cake muffins, wholesome and delicious
I don’t want to sound like I’m over-eggagerating, but these muffins are really, really good!
They taste like little chocolate cakes, so they are a perfect treat for just about any time of day, or any occasion.
A perfect treat for any time of day
Have one for breakfast, and it feels like you’re having dessert for breakfast, except without the refined flours, sugars and excess calories.
Eat these chocolate muffins as a healthy dessert with an indulgent twist, by adding a big dollop of cream – yum!
Or just grab one with a coffee when you get back from the gym or a run. It’s a treat made with wholesome ingredients that you can truly feel good about enjoying.
CHOCOLATE CAKE MUFFINS
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup oat flour
- 4 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 bananas
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk of your choice
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Line a muffin tray with patty pans or grease well and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas, whisk in the eggs and then stir in the almond butter, milk and vanilla until well combined.
- Mix the almond meal, oat flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together in a medium bowl and then fold into the wet ingredients.
- Add half of the chocolate chips into the batter and pour evenly into the muffin pans.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of the muffins and gently push them in so that they are just under the surface.
- Bake for 15 minutes - be careful not to overcook as they will become dry.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Don’t forget to pin it for later!