Easy egg muffins
These easy egg muffins are perfect to make as part of your weekend meal prep. I often cook them on Sunday morning, so I can have a couple for breakfast and then freeze the rest for later.
They’re not only great for breakfast, but also as a quick anytime snack, before or after a workout.
If you don’t have time for breakfast, you can easily grab a couple of these to take with you on the go.
How to make these easy egg muffins
I like to keep my recipes simple, and these egg mufins are no exception.
I put bacon, onion, capsicum (bell pepper) and tomato in my muffins.
Then I usually crumble some feta over the top, just before they go in the oven.
Whisk up the eggs, season with some salt and pepper, and any herbs you like. My favourite is a couple of big pinches of mixed herbs.
Mix in your chopped vegetables, divide the mixture evenly into a muffin tin, and cook for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Get more easy, healthy breakfast ideas here:
7 EASY HEALTHY BREAKFASTS
13 QUICK AND HEALTHY BREAKFAST IDEAS
29 HEALTHY EGG RECIPES
37 HEALTHY BREKKIE BOWLS
- You might also like to try these SAVOURY MUFFINS – my healthier take on traditional style cheese and bacon muffins.
- Egg muffins go perfectly with soup like my BROCCOLI & TOMATO SOUP for an easy weekend lunch.
Free Brekkie Challenge
By the way .... have you heard about the fabulous free 2-week brekkie challenge that takes place in the Wendy's Way community several times each year?
I give you everything you need, so it's an easy way to get into (or back into) a healthy breakfast habit.
Pop over to the BREKKIE CHALLENGE PAGE for all the details.
Or sign up now (so you don't missi out) and I'll let you know when the next one is starting.
Now let’s get to the recipe!
EASY EGG MUFFINS
- 8 eggs
- 4 medium rashers lean bacon, cooked & diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ red onion
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Feta cheese to crumble on top
- Preheat oven to 180℃ and grease muffin tray.
- Cook the bacon, dice and set aside.
- While the bacon’s cooking, chop the vegetables.
- Whisk the eggs with the salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
- Add all of the other ingredients into the egg mixture, except the feta.
- Spoon evenly into the muffin tin and crumble feta over the top.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE