Easy egg muffins
These easy egg muffins are perfect to make as part of your weekend meal prep. I often cook them on Sunday morning, so I can have a couple for breakfast and then freeze the rest for later.
They’re not only great for breakfast, but also as a quick anytime snack, before or after a workout.
If you don’t have time for breakfast, you can easily grab a couple of these to take with you on the go.
I like to keep them simple. I put bacon, onion, capsicum (bell pepper) and tomato in my muffins. Then I usually crumble some feta over the top, just before they go in the oven.
WANT SPECIALISED OVER 50's HEALTH INFO & RECIPES DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX?
Now let’s get to the recipe!
EASY EGG MUFFINS
- 8 eggs
- 4 medium rashers lean bacon, cooked & diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ red onion
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Feta cheese to crumble on top
- Preheat oven to 180℃ and grease muffin tray.
- Cook the bacon, dice and set aside.
- While the bacon’s cooking, chop the vegetables.
- Whisk the eggs with the salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
- Add all of the other ingredients into the egg mixture, except the feta.
- Spoon evenly into the muffin tin and crumble feta over the top.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE