Easy egg muffins
These easy egg muffins are perfect to make as part of your weekend meal prep, so you can have quick, healthy breakfasts all week long.
I often cook them on Sunday mornings, so I can eat a couple straight away and then freeze the rest for later.
They’re not only great for breakfast, but also as a snack before or after a workout.
If you don’t have time for breakfast at home, these egg muffins are easy to grab and go.
How to make these breakfast egg muffins
All of my recipes are simple and healthy, and these egg mufins are no exception.
Whisk up the eggs, season with some salt and pepper, and any herbs you like. My favourite is a couple of big pinches of mixed herbs.
Mix in the other ingredients, divide the mixture evenly into a muffin tin, add some feta on top and cook for 25–30 minutes.
Tips to make & store these easy egg muffins
- Add any veggies you like to these muffins.
- My favourite combination is bacon, onion, capsicum (bell pepper) and tomato.
- Crumble some feta over the top just before they go in the oven.
- Easily make different muffins in one batch by pouring the egg mixture into your muffin pan first. Then just add different ingredients to individual pan slots.
- Make sure you grease your muffin tin well, or use patty pans or baking paper so they don’t stick.
- You might also like to try these SAVOURY MUFFINS, my healthier take on traditional style cheese and bacon muffins.
- Egg muffins go perfectly with soup like my BROCCOLI & TOMATO SOUP for an easy weekend lunch.
Make one simple healthy change: take the free 2-week brekkie challenge
The brekkie challenge runs ‘live’ 3 times each year, to help you to create a new healthy breakfast habit, or simply get back on track with your healthy eating plan.
Now I've got some great news!!! In between each live round, I’ve now decided to keep the email access open – so you can do it as a mini-course.
The last live challenge was in January, and the focus was on adding Omega 3’s and anti oxidants to your diet.
Given our current climate, this is now more important than ever. And you’ve got plenty of time to do it, no excuses!
So I'm challenging you to commit to one simple habit you can implement to improve your health right now – sign up and take the 2-week brekkie challenge.
Now let’s get to the recipe!
EASY EGG MUFFINS
- 8 eggs
- 4 medium rashers lean bacon, cooked & diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ red onion
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Feta cheese to crumble on top
- Preheat oven to 180℃ and grease muffin tray.
- Cook the bacon, dice and set aside.
- While the bacon's cooking, chop the vegetables.
- Whisk the eggs with the salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
- Add all of the other ingredients into the egg mixture, except the feta.
- Spoon evenly into the muffin tin and crumble feta over the top.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued member of my community, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the live rounds of the 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing free education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty with exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive free tools & resources, starting with the flexi-menu planner. Learn to prepare quick healthy meals in exactly the right portion sizes without measuring or counting calories.
Join now, and take your first step towards a healthier life.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."