Strawberry coconut muffins
If you love fruit muffins, especially strawberry muffins, then you have to try my healthier strawberry coconut muffins!
They’re made with the goodness of wholesome ingredients like oat flour, almond meal, yoghurt, strawberries and coconut.
I like to sweeten my muffins with honey or pure maple syrup, as I can use less than I would with white sugar. And they blend beautifully with the fruit for a naturally sweet flavour.
Take the free 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
I'll send you everything you need: recipes, planning & prep tips, tools & resources and a daily dose of motivation.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COMMIT TO ONE SIMPLE NEW DAILY HABIT.
Of course you could use any berry to make these delicious muffins. I just think that strawberries and coconut are a flavour match made in heaven!
I recommend using coconut yoghurt to enhance the coconut flavour of these muffins. But Greek yoghurt will work fine too, if that’s what you prefer.
You can use fresh or frozen strawberries. I love these strawberry muffins for breakfast, or as a post workout treat.
Don’t eat eggs? There are lots of substitutes you can use. I like the recommendations in this VEGAN SHOPPING LIST
You can always sprinkle chopped nuts on top of your muffins for some extra crunch.
Why not make a batch of these muffins as part of your weekend meal prep? Keep them in the freezer for healthy breakfasts or snacks whenever you need them.
Don’t limit yourself to just strawberry muffins or even just fruit muffins though, make sure you try these other healthier muffin recipes too:
- BASIC GREEK YOGHURT MUFFINS use any fruit you like in these
- CHOCOLATE CAKE MUFIFNS these are really good!
- BACON AND CHEESE MUFFINS because sometimes you want savoury muffins too.
There’s lots of other great HEALTHY SNACK RECIPES you should try too.
Take the 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
Great news!!! In between each live round of the brekkie challenge, I’ve now decided to keep it open via email, so you can do it as a mini-course.
This round is focussed on adding Omega 3’s and antioxidants to your diet, so it's perfect for everyone right now.
I'm challenging you to commit to one simple habit you can implement right now to improve your health. Sign up and take the 2-week brekkie challenge – it's free!
Here’s the recipe
STRAWBERRY COCONUT MUFFINS
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten*
- ½ cup coconut or Greek yoghurt
- 1 punnet strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- Place liners in a muffin pan, or lightly grease the pan and set aside.
- If you're using flax seed or chia eggs, mix according to instructions and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond meal, flour, coconut, baking powder and salt.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over a low heat, and allow to cool slightly while preparing other wet ingredients.
- In a medium sized bowl, lightly whisk the eggs and then add the honey, yoghurt, milk and vanilla. Pour in the coconut oil and continue to gently whisk until all wet ingredients are well mixed.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, until just combined.
- Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among baking cups, filling to about ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown.
- After removing from the oven, allow to rest for 5 minutes and then cool on a rack.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued member of my community, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the live rounds of the 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing free education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty with exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive free tools & resources, starting with the flexi-menu planner. Learn to prepare quick healthy meals in exactly the right portion sizes without measuring or counting calories.
Join now, and take your first step towards a healthier life.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."