HIIT run workouts: interval #1
If you love to run, as I do, then I think you’ll enjoy this new workout series I’m calling HIIT Run Workouts. You’re probably always on the lookout for new ways to switch things up and keep your runs interesting. Variety is really important to keep your workouts fresh and inspiring. To kick off this simple and effective HIIT run workout series, I’ve combined running with some simple, classic bodyweight exercises. The beauty of this workout is that it can be done anywhere: at home, at your favourite running spot like the beach, or at the gym.
Make sure you grab my free workout playlists to fire you up to get the most out of your training sessions!
The best exercise for older women
These are the two questions I get asked most often about exercise. What’s the most effective exercise for weight loss? And, what is the best type of exercise for older women? The answer I always give is that the best exercise for any goal is the right combination that works for YOU! That’s not a copout, it’s simply the truth. A lot of experts will tell you that you have to change things up once you’re over 40, or over 50. There’s a common belief that what used to work for you won’t work anymore, now that you’ve reached a “certain age”.
The thing is, you should always be changing and evolving your workouts if you want to make progress, no matter how old you are.
Keep it simple, with plenty of variety
As everyone in the Wendy’s Way community knows, I’m a big believer in keeping things as simple as possible, and exercise is no different. Don’t over complicate it, if you don’t need to! Yes, strength training is important, but having some aerobic fitness is helpful too. Flexibility is also pretty handy. The most important thing tho, is to find a combination of activities that you enjoy doing.
The bottom line is: if you don’t enjoy it, you won’t keep doing it and consistency is the key to results.
Need some help with motivation?
Most of us struggle with motivation from time to time, it’s pretty normal.
- Read this post: 11 WAYS TO KEEP UP YOUR EXERCISE MOTIVATION. It has my best tips and some other healthy living experts share theirs too!
- Check out my YOUTUBE CHANNEL for the Monday Motivation video series.
- I also run regular exercise challenges in my FB group to help the members stay motivated and consistent. You can join us here: WENDY’S WAY COMMUNITY.
- Try this BEGINNERS INTERVAL WORKOUT for a short and sweet body weight workout you can do at home.
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued community member, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the free 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different health theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty. Wendy's Way community members get exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive VIP access to my free tools & resources – community members always get 'first dibs' and exclusive previews!
Take your first step to a healthier way of living that just works.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."
Don’t forget to pin it for later!