HIIT run workouts: interval #1
If you love to run, as I do, then I think you’ll enjoy this new workout series I’m calling HIIT Run Workouts.
You’re probably always on the lookout for new ways to switch things up and keep your runs interesting. Variety is really important to keep your workouts fresh and inspiring.
To kick off this simple and effective HIIT run workout series, I’ve combined running with some simple, classic bodyweight exercises.
The beauty of this workout is that it can be done anywhere: at home, at your favourite running spot like the beach, or at the gym.
Even better, if you’re not a runner, this is still a great workout for you – walk instead.
The workout is on the pin image below, so you can save it to your phone and have it handy whenever you need it.
Take the free 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
I'll send you everything you need: recipes, planning & prep tips, tools & resources and a daily dose of motivation.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COMMIT TO ONE SIMPLE NEW DAILY HABIT.
The best exercise for older women
These are the two questions I get asked most often about exercise. What’s the most effective exercise for weight loss? And, what is the best type of exercise for older women?
The answer I always give is that it depends! The best exercise for any goal is the right combination that works for YOU. That’s not a copout, it’s simply the truth.
A lot of experts will tell you that you have to change things up once you’re over 40, or over 50. There’s a common belief that what used to work for you won’t work anymore, now that you’ve reached a “certain age”.
The thing is, you should always be changing and evolving your workouts if you want to make progress, no matter how old you are.
3 FREE PLAYLISTS
Make sure you grab these 3 workout playlists to fire you up to get the most out of your training sessions!
Keep it simple, with plenty of variety
As everyone in the Wendy’s Way community knows, I’m a big believer in keeping things as simple as possible, and exercise is no different.
Don’t over complicate it, if you don’t need to! Yes, strength training is important, but having some aerobic fitness is helpful too.
Flexibility and balance are also pretty handy. The most important thing though, is to find a combination of activities that you enjoy doing.
The bottom line is: if you don’t enjoy it, you won’t keep doing it and consistency is the key to results.
Take the 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
Great news!!! In between each live round of the brekkie challenge, I’ve now decided to keep it open via email, so you can do it as a mini-course.
This round is focussed on adding Omega 3’s and antioxidants to your diet, so it's perfect for everyone right now.
I'm challenging you to commit to one simple habit you can implement right now to improve your health. Sign up and take the 2-week brekkie challenge – it's free!
Need some help with motivation?
Most of us struggle with motivation from time to time, it’s pretty normal.
- Read this post: 11 WAYS TO KEEP UP YOUR EXERCISE MOTIVATION. It has my best tips and some other healthy living experts share theirs too!
- Check out my YOUTUBE CHANNEL for the Monday Motivation video series.
- I also run regular fitness challenges in my FB group to help the members stay motivated and consistent. You can join us here: WENDY’S WAY COMMUNITY.
- Try this BEGINNERS INTERVAL WORKOUT for a short and sweet body weight workout you can do at home.
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued member of my community, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the live rounds of the 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing free education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty with exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive free tools & resources, starting with the flexi-menu planner. Learn to prepare quick healthy meals in exactly the right portion sizes without measuring or counting calories.
Join now, and take your first step towards a healthier life.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."
Don’t forget to pin it for later!