Healthier mango macadamia loaf
What can I say about this delish mango macadamia loaf, other than you should make it as soon as you can! Mango is my absolute fave Summer fruit, and I think mango season is way too short!
You’ll find that most of my recipes involving fruit use bananas, strawberries and mangos. I do actually love most fruit, but these three are on the highest rotation in our house!
And in case you’re wondering – no, I don’t worry about the sugar content – because it’s fruit. Besides natural sugars, fruit also has plenty of nutrients, and you need to consider the big picture.
Like the other foods that you’re eating with that particular meal. All of the meals you’re eating during the day, and even throughout the week.
Because looking at the big picture is how you eat a balanced diet, not by labelling a single food or a single ingredient as good or bad, high or low in certain nutrients, etc.
Have you got your copy of my Healthy Desserts & Snacks recipe book yet?
With over 40 delicious recipes, it's a must have for every healthy home cook.
Buy in bulk from your local farmers markets or wherever there are specials on, and you’ll have mangos on hand well into Autumn.
Free Brekkie Challenge
By the way .... have you heard about the fabulous free 2-week brekkie challenge that takes place in the Wendy's Way community several times each year?
I give you everything you need, so it's an easy way to get into (or back into) a healthy breakfast habit.
Pop over to the BREKKIE CHALLENGE PAGE for all the details.
Or sign up now (so you don't missi out) and I'll let you know when the next one is starting.
Here’s the recipe
MANGO MACADAMIA LOAF
- 2 ripe mangos
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup flax seed
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup macadamia oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180℃ and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Cut the cheeks from the mangos and scoop out the flesh. Dice half and set aside.
- Puree the mango flesh until smooth. Add the oil, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla. Blend until well mixed.
- Set aside a large handful of macadamias. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the mango mixture and gently fold through.
- Pour into the loaf tin and top with reserved macadamias and mango and extra coconut if desired.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes. Check at half way and cover with foil if the top is browning too quickly.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
You could also substitute different sweeteners, like raw honey or rice malt syrup
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
I also enjoy making muffins from this recipe and I swap the macadamia nuts for walnuts.
For a healthier banana bread, you should try my refined sugar free BANANA WALNUT BREAD too.
More great healthy mango recipes:
- Try these MANGO CHIA BREKKIE POPS for a refreshingly different mango breakfast!
- This CREAMY MANGO CHIA PUDDING is fabulous for breakfast or dessert.
- And this quick and easy BANANA MANGO NICE CREAM is a healthier ice cream alternative.