Healthier mango macadamia loaf
What can I say about this delish mango macadamia loaf, other than you should make it as soon as you can, if you love mango like I do!
One of the best things about Summer is the abundance of fresh fruit, and mango is high on my favourites list.
My favourite flavour combo is banana, strawberry & mango, and you’ll see it in a lot of my recipes.
And in case you’re wondering – no, I don’t worry about the sugar content – because it’s fruit. Besides natural sugars, fruit also has plenty of fibre, vitamins & minerals.
When it comes to nutrition, the big picture is more important than single ingredients.
Consider all of the foods you’re eating with each meal. And all of the meals you’re eating during the day, and even throughout the week.
Looking at the big picture is how you eat a balanced diet; not by singling out one food group, or one ingredient as good or bad, high or low in certain nutrients, etc.
So, getting back to the mango macadamia loaf, I suggest you make this with fresh mango when you can.
My top tip for prolonging mango season is simply to buy up at the end of Summer, and freeze them. If you roughly chop them and portion them into freezer bags, they’ll last a couple of months.
Buy mangos in bulk from local farmers markets or wherever you see them on special, and you’ll have mangos on hand well into Autumn.
I also enjoy making muffins from this recipe and I swap the macadamia nuts for walnuts.
You should also try my healthier version of BANANA BREAD, with no refined flours or sugar.
A couple of great mango dessert recipes:
- Why not try these MANGO ICE CREAM POPS? It’s fun to make your own popsicles. All you need is a couple of mangos, a jar of cream, and some honey or maple syrup.
- And this quick and easy BANANA MANGO NICE CREAM is the best home made “soft serve” – eat it as is, or add your favourite toppings.
Hey, have you got your copy of my Desserts & Snacks recipe book yet?
With over 40 delicious, healthy recipes, it's a must have for every healthy home cook's kitchen.
Free Brekkie Challenge
By the way .... have you heard about the fabulous free 2-week brekkie challenge that takes place in the Wendy's Way community several times each year?
It's an easy way to get into (or back into) a healthy breakfast habit, because I give you everything you need.
Pop over to the BREKKIE CHALLENGE PAGE for all the details.
Don't miss out on the next free Brekkie Challenge – join the Wendy's Way community now and I'll let you know when the next one is starting.
Here’s the recipe
MANGO MACADAMIA LOAF
- 2 ripe mangos
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup flax seed
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup macadamia oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180℃ and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Cut the cheeks from the mangos and scoop out the flesh. Dice half and set aside.
- Puree the mango flesh until smooth. Add the oil, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla. Blend until well mixed.
- Set aside a large handful of macadamias. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the mango mixture and gently fold through.
- Pour into the loaf tin and top with reserved macadamias and mango and extra coconut if desired.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes. Check at half way and cover with foil if the top is browning too quickly.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
You could also substitute different sweeteners, like raw honey or rice malt syrup
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued community member, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the free 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different health theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty. Wendy's Way community members get exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive VIP access to my free tools & resources – community members always get 'first dibs' and exclusive previews!
Take your first step to a healthier way of living that just works.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."