3 Ingredient Protein Pancakes Recipe That You’ll Want to Eat Every Day
This is a guest post by travel blogger, Jenifer Byington from The Evolista. Jenifer is sharing her favourite healthy brekkie recipe – 3 ingredient protein pancakes.
She and her husband are on the road quite a bit, eating food they wouldn’t normally eat at home.
While it’s fun to indulge in cuisines from around the world, they start craving healthy food and make these protein pancakes when they’re getting back on track with their normal healthy eating.
Take the free 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
I'll send you everything you need: recipes, planning & prep tips, tools & resources and a daily dose of motivation.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COMMIT TO ONE SIMPLE NEW DAILY HABIT.
Jenifer says: “I love easy, healthy recipes, especially for breakfast. A friend of mine showed me how to make these 3 ingredient protein pancakes 10 years ago and I’ve been hooked ever since.
“I was spending the night at her house and she was making these pancakes for her kids. They loved them and I was blown away that she was getting them to eat something so healthy disguised as a kid’s favorite breakfast item. Every person I’ve shared the recipe with has become a super fan!”
3 Ingredient Protein Pancakes Kid Will Love
Regular pancakes are an easy thing to make because you typically have pancake mix and add water. But, they have no nutritional value. You might as well feed your kids white bread for breakfast. It would be easier. These 3 ingredient pancakes have as much protein as feeding your kids eggs.
Jenifer continues: “When I first made this protein pancake recipe for my family, it was a hit. I didn’t let them see the 3 ingredients in case it would sway their decision to eat pancakes packed with protein. You throw everything in the blender, so it was easy to make it look like regular pancake batter before they got into the kitchen. Does anyone else have kids that are suspicious of healthy food?”
Protein Pancakes Without Protein Powder
The only adults I know that are regular pancake eaters are people that are serious about working out.
They typically make pancakes with chocolate protein powder, vanilla protein powder or whey protein powder in the mix and the pancakes don’t taste that great.
I love that these pancakes are packed with protein, without using protein powder.
Gluten-Free Protein Pancakes (well, in the US, at least!)
While Jenifer calls this pancake recipe gluten-free, I have to clarify that in Australia, oats generally are not allowed to be labelled gluten-free.
It’s not as complicated as it sounds though. From my understanding, it’s simply that Australian laws are a bit stricter about gluten-free labelling.
Oats are naturally gluten-free, but because there is the possibility of cross-contamination from wheat, rye or barley during the growing or processing, they aren’t allowed to have a gluten-free label in Australia.
So, if you have celiac disease, allergies, or gluten sensitivity, you need to use a brand of oats that you know is gluten-free.
Why you’ll love these 3 Ingredient Protein Pancakes
- They taste great. That’s the most important thing, right!!
- Super easy to make. Just throw all of the ingredients in a blender, then cook.
- You can cook a bunch and refrigerate or freeze for later.
- You can refrigerate left over batter to use the next day.
- They have 17 grams of protein per serving.
- You can make them savoury or sweet. If you want savoury pancakes, you can add scallions to the batter and top with a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Other healthy pancake recipes you should try:
POST WORKOUT PANCAKES: these are also high in protein without using any protein powder.
EASY WEEKEND PANCAKES: the perfect weekend breakfast or brunch when you want to indulge but be healthy too!
Other healthy breakfast recipe ideas:
Take the 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
Great news!!! In between each live round of the brekkie challenge, I’ve now decided to keep it open via email, so you can do it as a mini-course.
This round is focussed on adding Omega 3’s and antioxidants to your diet, so it's perfect for everyone right now.
I'm challenging you to commit to one simple habit you can implement right now to improve your health. Sign up and take the 2-week brekkie challenge – it's free!
Now let’s get to the recipe!
3 INGREDIENT PROTEIN PANCAKES
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 cup whole oats
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- Put all 3 ingredients in a blender and blend until the mix looks like regular pancake batter.
- Heat s small amount of coconut or olive oil in a skillet/frying pan, or spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Pour half the batter into a hot pan and cook until the pancake has bubbles all over it.
- Flip the pancake and cook until it puffs up. The second side cooks in half the time.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
You can add bananas to the batter for banana protein pancakes.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued member of my community, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the live rounds of the 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing free education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty with exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive free tools & resources, starting with the flexi-menu planner. Learn to prepare quick healthy meals in exactly the right portion sizes without measuring or counting calories.
Join now, and take your first step towards a healthier life.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."