Healthy chocolate energy bars
If you’ve tried my peanut butter energy bars, then you’re gonna love these chocolate energy bars.
They’re really just a slight variation of the original recipe and I love them both!
I use Goji berries in these, but you can use any dried fruit you like really.
As you may already know, they’re my favourite go-to, pre gym brekkie.
They’re also fabulous as a post workout snack, especially if you need something quick and nutritious to refuel your energy stores.
I suggest keeping them in a container in the freezer, so you can just grab one whenever you like.
Make sure you try the original recipe too: PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BARS
Have you got your copy of my Healthy Desserts & Snacks recipe book yet?
With over 40 delicious recipes, it’s a must have for every healthy home cook.
Oh and if you’re in need of some support and motivation to stick to a regular breakfast habit, my Free Brekkie Challenge is just the thing!
I run the challenges several time each year, so pop on over to the BREKKIE CHALLENGE PAGE for all of the details about how it works.
Or go ahead and sign up here and I’ll notify you when the next one starts.
Now let’s get to the recipe!
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE ENERGY BARS
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ cup flax seed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp of natural peanut butter
- 16 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp Goji berries
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor, except the boiling water, until well combined and the mixture forms crumbs. Make sure the dates and oats are finely processed.
- Slowly add the boiling water until the mixture clumps together; you may need a little bit more than the 2 tablespoons, I find I do if my measuring isn’t spot on!
- Pour the mixture into the slice tin and press it down firmly and evenly.
- Allow it to set in the freezer for an hour or two before cutting into bars.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued community member, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the free 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different health theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty. Wendy's Way community members get exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive VIP access to my free tools & resources – community members always get 'first dibs' and exclusive previews!
Take your first step to a healthier way of living that just works.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!