Healthy chocolate energy bars
If you’ve tried my peanut butter energy bars, then you’re gonna love these chocolate energy bars.
They’re really just a slight variation of the original recipe and I love them both!
I use Goji berries in these, but you can use any dried fruit you like really.
As you may already know, they’re my favourite go-to, pre gym brekkie.
They’re also fabulous as a post workout snack, especially if you need something quick and nutritious to refuel your energy stores.
I suggest keeping them in a container in the freezer, so you can just grab one whenever you like.
Make sure you try the original recipe too: PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BARS
GET SPECIALISED OVER 50'S HEALTHY RECIPES, TIPS & INFO DELIVERED DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX.
Now let’s get to the recipe!
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE ENERGY BARS
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ cup flax seed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp of natural peanut butter
- 16 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp Goji berries
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor, except the boiling water, until well combined and the mixture forms crumbs. Make sure the dates and oats are finely processed.
- Slowly add the boiling water until the mixture clumps together; you may need a little bit more than the 2 tablespoons, I find I do if my measuring isn’t spot on!
- Pour the mixture into the slice tin and press it down firmly and evenly.
- Allow it to set in the freezer for an hour or two before cutting into bars.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!