Healthy chocolate energy bars
If you’ve tried my peanut butter energy bars, then you’re gonna love these chocolate energy bars.
They’re really just a slight variation of the original recipe and I love them both!
I use Goji berries in these, but you can use any dried fruit you like really.
As you may already know, they’re my favourite go-to, pre gym brekkie.
They’re also fabulous as a post workout snack, especially if you need something quick and nutritious to refuel your energy stores.
I suggest keeping them in a container in the freezer, so you can just grab one whenever you like.
Make sure you try the original recipe too: PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BARS
Have you got your copy of my Guilt-free Desserts & Snacks recipe book yet?
With over 40 delicious recipes, it’s a must have for every healthy home cook.
Take the 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
Great news!!! In between each live round of the brekkie challenge, I’ve now decided to keep it open via email, so you can do it as a mini-course.
This round is focussed on adding Omega 3’s and antioxidants to your diet, so it's perfect for everyone right now.
I'm challenging you to commit to one simple habit you can implement right now to improve your health. Sign up and take the 2-week brekkie challenge – it's free!
Now let’s get to the recipe!
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE ENERGY BARS
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ cup flax seed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp of natural peanut butter
- 16 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp Goji berries
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor, except the boiling water, until well combined and the mixture forms crumbs. Make sure the dates and oats are finely processed.
- Slowly add the boiling water until the mixture clumps together; you may need a little bit more than the 2 tablespoons, I find I do if my measuring isn't spot on!
- Pour the mixture into the slice tin and press it down firmly and evenly.
- Allow it to set in the freezer for an hour or two before cutting into bars.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued member of my community, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the live rounds of the 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing free education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty with exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive free tools & resources, starting with the flexi-menu planner. Learn to prepare quick healthy meals in exactly the right portion sizes without measuring or counting calories.
Join now, and take your first step towards a healthier life.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!