Delicious banana almond butter porridge
Okay, I’m just gonna start by saying that if you love bananas and almond butter, you have to try this banana almond butter porridge. I have so much fun experimenting with different porridge variations and of course, I share the best ones here on the blog with you.
This one is a variation of a choc nut butter porridge that I first came across a few years ago on Dan Churchill’s website. That recipe instantly became one of my favourites, and then I started playing around with my own variations.
Porridge topping ideas
Crumble up a piece of dark chocolate next to the almond butter. Let it melt a little bit, and then stir it through your porridge.
I usually alternate my fruit between banana and strawberries, they both go equally as well with the almond butter and chocolate!
As always, add any of your favourite toppings, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram with your pics @wendyswaytohealth. Or share in the WENDY’S WAY FACEBOOK GROUP, so we can all be inspired.
The coconut milk I use makes this porridge recipe really creamy, and it’s great for vegans and vegetarians.
If you do use a different milk, it’s easier to add after you pour the oatmeal mixture into your bowl.
Take the 2-week healthy brekkie challenge
Great news!!! In between each live round of the brekkie challenge, I’ve now decided to keep it open via email, so you can do it as a mini-course.
This round is focussed on adding Omega 3’s and antioxidants to your diet, so it's perfect for everyone right now.
I'm challenging you to commit to one simple habit you can implement right now to improve your health. Sign up and take the 2-week brekkie challenge – it's free!
Here’s the recipe
BANANA ALMOND BUTTER PORRIDGE
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- ½ banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- sprinkling of cinnamon
- Bring the oats and water to boil in a small saucepan. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the water has absorbed.
- Stir in the cinnamon, vanilla and coconut milk to the porridge and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Pour into a serving bowl and top with the almond butter and sliced banana.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued member of my community, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the live rounds of the 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing free education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty with exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive free tools & resources, starting with the flexi-menu planner. Learn to prepare quick healthy meals in exactly the right portion sizes without measuring or counting calories.
Join now, and take your first step towards a healthier life.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."