Delicious choc nut butter porridge
This choc nut butter porridge has become one of my favourite porridge variations. I really love how the sweetness of the banana nut butter topping blends with the slightly bitter flavour of the cacao powder, as it melts into the porridge.
You do need to plan ahead a little bit to make this one, but it’s easy. As long as you’ve got frozen bananas on hand, that’s it for your prep!
If you’re like me, you use frozen bananas in smoothies and nice cream too, especially in Summer.
The topping for this porridge is really easy to make, but you do need a blender. You just whiz the banana and almond butter together. Set it aside while you cook the porridge, and then it’s just soft enough to stir into the porridge.
Here’s the recipe
CHOC NUT BUTTER PORRIDGE
- ¾ cup oats
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ small can coconut milk
Banana nut butter topping
- 1 medium frozen banana roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- Roughly chop the banana, and whiz it in a high speed blender, with the almond butter, until well mixed. Set aside while the oats cook.
- Bring the oats and water to the boil in a small saucepan.
- Simmer for five minutes, until all of the water is absorbed and the oats are cooked.
- Turn the heat down low, and stir through the vanilla, cacao powder and coconut milk.
- Bring your porridge mixture back to a simmer, and keep stirring until everything's well blended.
- Pour the porridge equally into 2 bowls, dollop half of the banana topping into the middle of each bowl. Add some extra banana and any of your other favourite toppings.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE