Creamy coconut milk porridge
I know it’s often a love or hate kinda thing, buuttt ….. if you think you don’t like porridge, I highly encourage you to try it again with this recipe! It’s a far cry from the watery, gloopy stuff you may remember from your childhood.
The best thing about this porridge is that it doesn’t need any added sugar. The coconut milk gives the oats a delicious creaminess, and fresh fruit adds plenty of natural sweetness. This is a healthy breakfast that will keep you full til lunchtime.
I use this coconut milk porridge a lot as a base and then I create variations with different toppings. Keep scrolling for links to my other porridge recipes you should try.
You’ll get two generous serves from this recipe.
Free brekkie challenge
Don’t forget to join the free 2-week brekkie challenge that takes place in the Wendy’s Way community several times each year.
It’s the best way to get into (or back into) a healthy breakfast habit.
Hop on over to the BREKKIE CHALLENGE PAGE for all the details.
Or even easier, sign up now so you don’t miss out, and I’ll let you know when the next one starts!
Here’s the recipe
COCONUT MILK PORRIDGE
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups water
- ½ - 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium sized saucepan, at medium heat, bring the oats and water to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for five to ten minutes, until the water is absorbed.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and add the cinnamon, vanilla and coconut milk.
- Simmer again for two to three minutes, whilst stirring and thoroughly mixing to a smooth creamy consistency.
- Pour into bowls immediately and top with your favourite fruit and/or other toppings.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE