A simple red smoothie recipe: beetroot & carrot
This beetroot and carrot smoothie is the first red smoothie recipe I tried when I decided I wanted to become a bit more adventurous by adding more vegetables into my smoothies.
I already knew that carrots go really well with fruits like apples and pears in juices. Then I started experimenting with using beetroot and chocolate flavours in my baking.
Some of the health benefits from regularly consuming beetroot:
- may help to keep blood pressure in check
- can reduce inflammation
- may improve athletic performance
- can improve digestive health
- supports brain health
There are lots of different ways you can add beetroot into your diet and smoothies are just one easy way.
GET SPECIALISED OVER 50'S HEALTHY RECIPES, TIPS & INFO DELIVERED DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX.
You’ll find more great smoothie recipes here:
- This one’s perfect for your first smoothie
EASIEST EVER GREEN SMOOTHIE
- When you’re heading into cold and flu season
IMMUNE BOOSTING SMOOTHIE
- A delicious Summer smoothie
STRAWBERRY WATERMELON SMOOTHIE
- For a post workout energy boost
SIMPLE BANANA PROTEIN SHAKE
Here’s the recipe
BEETROOT AND CARROT SMOOTHIE
- ½ cup water
- 1 whole beetroot, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 small apple or pear, chopped
- 1 thin slice of ginger
- Roughly chop and slice all of the fruit and vegetables.
- First blend the water and spinach together until smooth.
- Then add the other ingredients.
Pour into a glass and enjoy.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE