A simple red smoothie recipe: beetroot & carrot
This beetroot and carrot smoothie is the first red smoothie recipe I tried when I decided I wanted to become a bit more adventurous by adding more vegetables into my smoothies.
I already knew that carrots go really well with fruits like apples and pears in juices. Then I started experimenting with using beetroot and chocolate flavours in my baking.
Some of the health benefits from regularly consuming beetroot:
- may help to keep blood pressure in check
- can reduce inflammation
- may improve athletic performance
- can improve digestive health
- supports brain health
There are lots of different ways you can add beetroot into your diet and smoothies are just one easy way.
Free Brekkie Challenge
We all need some extra help and motivation from time to time, which is why I run my free brekkie challenge several times per year.
My motto is to keep it simple, healthy and delicious, so check out the recipes in this post for some of my favourite breakfast recipes.
Get the details here: FREE BREKKIE CHALLENGE
Or go ahead and sign up here and I’ll notify you when the next one starts.
You’ll find more great smoothie recipes here:
- This one’s perfect for your first smoothie
EASIEST EVER GREEN SMOOTHIE
- When you’re heading into cold and flu season
IMMUNE BOOSTING SMOOTHIE
- A delicious Summer smoothie
STRAWBERRY WATERMELON SMOOTHIE
- For a post workout energy boost
SIMPLE BANANA PROTEIN SHAKE
Here’s the recipe
BEETROOT AND CARROT SMOOTHIE
- ½ cup water
- 1 whole beetroot, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 small apple or pear, chopped
- 1 thin slice of ginger
- Roughly chop and slice all of the fruit and vegetables.
- First blend the water and spinach together until smooth.
- Then add the other ingredients.
Pour into a glass and enjoy.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued community member, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the free 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different health theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty. Wendy's Way community members get exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive VIP access to my free tools & resources – community members always get 'first dibs' and exclusive previews!
Take your first step to a healthier way of living that just works.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."