Mango chia pudding – creamy and delicious
I guess it was only a matter of time before I came up with my own mango chia pudding recipe. Anyone who knows me, knows about my love for all things mango.
I haven’t always been a chia pudding fan though. When I first tried it a few years ago, I quickly gave up on it after the first couple of batches were pretty bland and ordinary.
I eventually decided it was worth one more go, and let’s just say, I’m converted!
The ingredients make a big difference. There are only 4 ingredients in this pudding, but the combination of coconut milk and mango is what makes it a winner for me.
This mango chia pudding is fruity, creamy and delicious; which means it’s moved into my top favourite brekkies.
Other ways to enjoy this chia pudding
A great way to enjoy this chia pudding in Summer is to freeze it in ice block moulds and make popsicles.
I’m loving them as a quick, light bite after a hot and sweaty workout. Just pour the pudding mix into moulds and freeze for 3 or 4 hours.
You can also add a sprinkle of muesli or granola into your popsicles before you freeze them. Or press strawberry slices against the sides for some extra frozen fruity goodness.
Then you’ll have the coolest healthy Summer breakfasts that the whole family will love!
Yep, they are as good as they look.
Tips for making this mango chia pudding:
- You will need to use a high speed blender to make a smooth, creamy pudding
- Allow at least 20 minutes for the chia seeds to expand and do add more water if you need to
- Keep any leftover chia gel in the fridge for a couple of days to use in smoothies or baking
- If you’re not a coconut milk fan, use any type of milk you prefer
Free Brekkie Challenge
By the way .... have you heard about the fabulous free 2-week brekkie challenge that takes place in the Wendy's Way community several times each year?
I give you everything you need, so it's an easy way to get into (or back into) a healthy breakfast habit.
Pop over to the BREKKIE CHALLENGE PAGE for all the details.
Or sign up now (so you don't missi out) and I'll let you know when the next one is starting.
Here’s the recipe:
MANGO CHIA PUDDING
- 1-1½ cup water
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 mango, peeled & chopped
- ⅓ small can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- walnuts, cashews or almonds and coconut flakes for topping
- extra mango, or other fresh fruit as desired for topping
First make the chia gel:
- Combine the water and chia seeds in a bowl and stir well for a couple of minutes.
- Set aside for 20-30 minutes to allow the gel to set. Stir 3 or 4 times.
Then make the pudding:
- Put the mango pulp, coconut milk and vanilla in a blender and whiz until smooth and creamy.
- Add about half of the chia gel and evenly mix through the pudding. Gradually stir in more chia gel if desired.
- Divide the pudding evenly into two bowls. Decorate with a handful of your favourite nuts and a sprinkle of coconut flakes.
Keep any leftover gel in the fridge to use in smoothies or baking.
Greek yoghurt or any other milk can be substituted for the coconut milk.
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!