How to make brekkie bowls that are quick, healthy and delicious
Aussies like to call breakfast ‘brekkie’ and I like to call anything in a bowl that I eat for breakfast, a brekkie bowl.
That incorporates smoothie bowls, acai bowls, porridge or oatmeal bowls, and really anything else that you eat from a bowl at breakfast.
Brekkie bowls for me are pretty much the best thing about breakfast. As I’m sure you know, breakfast is my favourite meal of the day.
And usually, the simpler, the better. My recipes are mostly quick, and easy, but they’re also healthy and great tasting.
Call these bowls what you like, I eat them a lot, and not always for breakfast! They’re great post workout, or just as an easy lunch or dinner too.
How to make a basic brekkie bowl
Keep the base simple by mixing a few spoonfuls of Greek yoghurt, with some honey and vanilla extract directly in a bowl.
Then top it with a handful or two of muesli or granola, some fresh or dried fruit, and your favourite nuts & seeds.
It’s so easy to have a different bowl every day, just by swapping around the fruit, nuts, seeds and muesli or granola that you use.
Tips to add variety to your brekkie bowls
Sometimes I do get out my NutriBullet and use a few more ingredients for a more traditional smoothie bowl.
When you’re blending, be sure to use frozen fruit for a thick, creamy consistency.
If you’re blending,you might like to try this
CREAMY MANGO CHIA PUDDING
And I’ve got a few more brekkie bowl ideas for you to try here:
3 SUMMER BREKKIE BOWLS
In Summer, you can blend your smoothie and then freeze it in popsicle moulds. I find this is an ideal treat when I’m hot and sweaty after the gym or a run.
Now here’s the best tip – you don’t have to miss out if you’re in a hurry and don’t have time to eat before you leave home.
Just blend up your smoothie in a portable shaker bottle, throw some muesli, or a handful of nuts & seeds into a container and put your bowl together later.
Free Brekkie Challenge
We all need some extra help and motivation from time to time, which is why I run my free brekkie challenge several times per year.
My motto is to keep it simple, healthy and delicious, so check out the recipes in this post for some of my favourite breakfast recipes.
Get the details here: FREE BREKKIE CHALLENGE
Or go ahead and sign up here and I’ll notify you when the next one starts.
Here’s the basic brekkie bowl recipe
BASIC BREKKIE BOWL
- 3 dessert spoons plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, muesli, granola, coconut flakes
- Add the yoghurt to a bowl and stir in the honey and vanilla.
- Add your favourite toppings and enjoy!
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Join my free community to learn more about Wendy's Way, and my approach to weight loss and healthy living.
As a valued community member, you will:
- Gain access to regular email updates, tips & healthy recipes.
- Be invited to join the free 2-week brekkie challenge 3 times each year, where I provide ongoing education for Wendy's Way members, relating to a different health theme each time.
- Be rewarded for your loyalty. Wendy's Way community members get exclusive access, and "members only" pricing, whenever I release new products & programs.
- Receive VIP access to my free tools & resources – community members always get 'first dibs' and exclusive previews!
Take your first step to a healthier way of living that just works.
"Small but consistent changes are the key to phenomenal, long term results."