Summery strawberry and watermelon smoothie with yoghurt
This refreshing strawberry and watermelon smoothie is the perfect recovery drink after a hard workout.
It’s a great way to quickly replenish glycogen and protein to your muscles without eating a big meal.
The watermelon may also help with DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) which could be handy if you’ve pushed yourself a bit harder than normal.
I think smoothies are great post workout nutrition, because they’re a quick and easy way to replenish nutrients to your body.
You can also eat something with your smoothie, like a hard boiled egg or a handful of nuts for some extra protein. Or when a drink isn’t enough to completely satisfy your hunger.
I’ve got more great smoothie recipes for you here:
- This one’s perfect for your first smoothie
EASIEST EVER GREEN SMOOTHIE
- When you’re heading into cold and flu season
IMMUNE BOOSTING SMOOTHIE
- For a post workout energy boost
SIMPLE BANANA PROTEIN SHAKE
- Add more vegetables to your diet with this one
BEETROOT AND CARROT SMOOTHIE
GET SPECIALISED OVER 50'S HEALTHY RECIPES, TIPS & INFO DELIVERED DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX.
Here’s the recipe
STRAWBERRY AND WATERMELON SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 cups watermelon, chopped
- 1 cup Greek or coconut yoghurt
- ice cubes as desired
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour evenly into two glasses and enjoy!
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE