Simple banana protein shake
This simple banana protein shake is a delicious, healthy way to refuel your body after a hard workout. It’s also ideal when you need a quick, nutritious breakfast on the run.
Smoothies and shakes can be a very convenient way to quickly and easily replenish the protein your muscles need to grow and repair.
This is my basic ‘go-to’ protein shake, and I’ve added a couple of simple suggestions for optional extras.
If you’re like me and sometimes you need the act of chewing solid food to completely satisfy your hunger, then grab a handful of nuts or a boiled egg to eat with your shake.
There are so many ways to change the flavour and add extra nutrients, it’s really up to you to experiment.
You know I like to keep things simple, so try these ideas:
- a teaspoon of chia seeds
- a teaspoon of cacao powder
- other fruit like berries, mango or peach
- a teaspoon of flax seed
- add a bit of crunch with nuts or seeds
- a teaspoon of acai powder or maca powder
Free Brekkie Challenge
By the way .... have you heard about the fabulous free 2-week brekkie challenge that takes place in the Wendy's Way community several times each year?
I give you everything you need, so it's an easy way to get into (or back into) a healthy breakfast habit.
Pop over to the BREKKIE CHALLENGE PAGE for all the details.
Or sign up now (so you don't missi out) and I'll let you know when the next one is starting.
You will need to use a blender if you want a really smooth shake, but it’s not absolutely necessary.
And if you’re on the go, just carry your dry ingredients in a small container or re-sealable bag. Add your milk to a shaker bottle and then mix your shake when it’s convenient.
Do share your creations with me @wendyswaytohealth and use the hashtag #wendyswaytohealth on Instagram.
Here’s the recipe
BANANA PROTEIN SHAKE
- 1-2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- ½ banana, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp peanut or almond butter
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- ½ cup strawberries, roughly chopped or
- 1 tsp cacao powder or
- 1 tsp chia seeds or
- small handful chopped nuts
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and enjoy!
**NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IS ESTIMATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE.
Read more about WHY CALORIE COUNTING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE
Make sure you try these smoothies too
- This one’s perfect for your first smoothie
EASIEST EVER GREEN SMOOTHIE
- When you’re heading into cold and flu season
IMMUNE BOOSTING SMOOTHIE
- For a refreshing post workout drink
STRAWBERRY AND WATERMELON SMOOTHIE
- Add more vegetables to your diet with this one
BEETROOT AND CARROT SMOOTHIE